T O T R Hurstville AMRA October long weekend

Great guys stuff glad it was a sales success, the god of fate did not want me to get to Sydney - Party purchasing Canberra house did not tell us the did not have the finance approved until settlement on Friday and then Mother inlaw passed away rather unexcepted on Saturday night.

From what I could see, their was no tram-based layouts. Speaking about trams, anyone know what has happened to those two excellent tram layouts, one was O-gauge representing Newcastle, AU, & the other was a larger HO tram layout representing the Circular Quay/Harbour Bridge area of Sydney? I haven't seen those at model trains for a few years now.

The Newcastle layout is now to old to tour and the HO one was deemed as beening there to many times.. I am a member of the Model Traction Assocatioin (Model Tram Club) and each year we offer a choice of Tram layouts but each gets knocked back as trams are seen as not to be to popular.

In the past I have manned a 1/32 scale steam tram and a S scale layout but both have been deemed not suitable.

Also have offered my own O scale Tramway which as yet has not done any shows or my brother HO scale tram layout that has been invited every were but Sydney.

Last edited:
The Newcastle layout is now too old to tour and the HO one was deemed as beening there to many times.. I am a member of the Model Traction Assocatioin (Model Tram Club) and each year we offer a choice of Tram layouts but each gets knocked back as trams are seen as not to be to popular.
They are/were two best layouts I've seen to date. I thought layouts can be at model shows every 2nd year or so. If it has been to shows too many times, how come you can see the same layout year after year? When you say the N'castle layout is too old, does that mean it's a now a permament layout at someone's private place, or have they sold it? It may be old, but I thought it was only extended recently with a "poor" guy getting married in the church they added!

. . .my brother HO scale tram layout that has been invited every were but Sydney.
Each layout has to meet certain requirements does it?

By the way, T O T R stands for?

Last edited:
TOTR

Trainz On The Road (alright for you pedantic ones up the back :Rant On!!)
Australia has - Road trains -- It also has canetrains (and QR?) services down the main street of at least one city :)rant off!!)

Henk (Cafe) had TOTR tickets (visibles on the previous forum)for the assistants at the Train shows-- and Alastair earned the only International TOTR (as far as I know)

Next Sydney Trainzer is proposed for 14th October -- e me if you plan to get there.
@0099 -- if you ask nicely it is possible to borrow the RD that belongs to KotK- other members of the Sydney trainzers have made use of the Trainzer booking system-borrowed at one meeting - back at the next

waz

Ps

The Tee shirt that I designed a few years ago

Getz Auz
Connected

with the states mentioned by Thomas and the larger spelling of TRAINZ across the middle
All added z and the letters of TRAINZ are in red/orange - other letters in Black

Last edited:
Count me in as one of those users:D

I never knew you designed that shirt Wazzer, good job;).

I should be ordering a new one soon...That one's getting a tad small....the last time I wore it, it was practically dragging along the ground, luckily though it shrunk:eek:

Tom
________
Honda NX250 history

Last edited:
I have to disagree with their FR

Although this is the first time I went to this model show, I noticed compared to other model shows that the prices were dearer (in some cases a lot more) than other model shows. For example, the same retailer was advertising an item at another show at $80, went back a few hours later, only to find it another sticker showing $135, yet at last weekend's show, the same item was up to $145, & the sticker made it look like it was a show special. Another item I found at the previous show was only $90, & the retail claimed it was brand new, yet found it was second hand. The same item by the same retailer at this show was up to $100. This I found a number of times.

The group present last year were a small group selling Aussie add on packs for about $15.00 as disc, which came with a route and reasonable amount of Aussie Locomotives and Rolling Stock. They had a stand covered and surrounded in black sheets, so the picture would on the large screen would stand out more. Other than some overheat where they would shut off every now and then, it was exceptionally well done and well presented.

I do believe if they (the same group) were there again this year, the Trainz/TRS mob may have been shown up a little. No intention of a Trainz vs MSTS debate, but I'm calling out the presentation this mob gave last year was top class. In saying that, the Trainz/TRS piece last year was also top class.

Semantics aside. Well done all those who were present and/or assisted with the TRS2006/Classics show this year. I do understand the time, patience and dedication required for such involvement in an major exhibition. It was a pity about those machines though.....thanks for getting back on that score too big_b.

Again, Boggy Creek best exhibit :p .......

Cheers,
Simon.

Last edited:
This is the first TOTR I've been to. Am I right in assuming the computers used to show & run Trainz are forum members own computers ?

Not knocking anyones computers but

If so wouldn't it benefit Auran to supply a couple of high end computers to use at these shows to display their product at it's best.

Surely the cost would be justified by the sales as more people are likely to buy if it runs smooth during the show.

Dave

This is the first TOTR I've been to. Am I right in assuming the computers used to show & run Trainz are forum members own computers ?

Not knocking anyones computers but

If so wouldn't it benefit Auran to supply a couple of high end computers to use at these shows to display their product at it's best.

Surely the cost would be justified by the sales as more people are likely to buy if it runs smooth during the show.

Dave

That is my point exactly, Dave. My observation was meant as a constructive one, you've every assurance.

I guess there is also the trade off of a good machine and an easily transportable one as well.

Sorry Blue

No Pics-- Stall holders too stressed:)
((NO old coots in the back sleeping though))

The Son of Gruntmeister is in much better shape for Wagga show (touch wood) -I found a setting in the Ati advanced that changed-- as I have been swapping between monitors-- Note to self - keep display resolution and Trainz resolution the same-- also refresh rate set to mimic

Standing invitation -- Please get back to me if you want to organize a Trainzer

Warwick (wazzer)

Back