Surveyor 2.0 Bulk Update

PortLineParker

UK Route Builder
Hi all,

Thought I'd see if anyone is aware if this is possible. In S2.0 I know I can replace assets, such as track, splines, buildings etc. by selecting the desired replacement asset and then clicking on the contextual menu to bulk update. However, I can't find a way to bulk update textures. Normally I'd switch to Surveyor Classic but as I have upgraded to HD terrain repainting textures isn't supported in Classic, only S2.0. Is there a way to upgrade textures without manually painting (and inevitably missing some areas) or is that for a future update?

Cheers,

PLP

Double-click on the asset you want to replace (of course this doesn't work for ground textures) and it'll select all instances of that asset in an maybe baseboard-sized area around the asset you clicked on. You can then replace all of them.

But yes, a proper bulk-asset replace function is missing.

I go back and forth between S2.0 and legacy for the couple features i can't figure out. I spent 3 days with 2.0, It's much easier to use than it looks.

So, back to the OP's original question, which also has me stumped: How does one replace a texture in a route that's been converted to HD terrain please.

So far it would appear it isn't possible, which is a major oversight in terms of upgrading a route I feel.

My current scenario is that I have converted a route to HD, done some considerable work to it, and then realised that when it has been converted, several non-PBR textures are still present which I would like to replace.

So, back to the OP's original question, which also has me stumped: How does one replace a texture in a route that's been converted to HD terrain please.

So far it would appear it isn't possible, which is a major oversight in terms of upgrading a route I feel.

My current scenario is that I have converted a route to HD, done some considerable work to it, and then realised that when it has been converted, several non-PBR textures are still present which I would like to replace.
That's a good question.

I think you can open an HD route in Classic Surveyor and do these things but not edit the route. Try it and see what happens is all I can say. The worst thing that can happen is it won't work and then you know. If you do try this, let us know your results either way.

Hi John,

Thank you for your reply but I've already tried and swapping textures is one of the features in Classic Surveyor that won't work on an HD route. The HUD tells you that much, but there isn't an equivalent/alternative in Surveyor 2.0 that I can find, hence my question.

Hi John,

Thank you for your reply but I've already tried and swapping textures is one of the features in Classic Surveyor that won't work on an HD route. The HUD tells you that much, but there isn't an equivalent/alternative in Surveyor 2.0 that I can find, hence my question.
Thank you for trying. No, unfortunately, there is no provision for a real bulk update utility yet in Surveyor 2.0. From what Tony told us, the developers are trying to work out how to implement that capability into Surveyor 2.0. Honestly, I don't see why they can't do it the way it's done now as an applet off of the tools-menu but I'm neither a programmer and don't know what needs to be done to make it work, nor what exactly they're trying to accomplish since I'm not privy to their design plan.

For the record, I'd already tried before I asked and apparently you already knew the answer - so why not just say so in the first place?

Back