Suggestions for Jointed Rail (Not Locomotives)

Justin will beat down my door if I build any more smooth side boxcars right now, I'll have to build something more reminiscent of breakfast to appease him. :p

How about: NP28000 - 28749, 40' 6" inside, Built 6/1944, XM. It's not a smooth sided car. Just a thought.
NP2028198_Fullerton20CA_Craig20Walker_1975-03-11_47277_zps5qrkvxxu.jpg

Seeing those 86 footers brings back memories. I worked at a GM plant many years ago and part of my job was to assist with the daily rail deliveries, or as it was called, The Drill. Usually the 86 ' cars would bring in the raw, unfinished steel body parts. This was during the Conrail/CSX/NS merge so just about any thing would come in from patched NYC and Pennsy as well as straight CR and GTW with the occasional SP. You nailed them perfectly. Great job.

Something different for the cold Canadian and upper U.S. prairies.
These are called Distributed Braking Containers/Cars used by the Canadian National Railway. Because the air coupler hose gaskets shrink in cold weather, thereby bleeding out quantities of air throughout the braking system, these containers/cars are located either 2/3 of the way in the train or at the very back. They contain a motor/generator and an air compressor that supplements the air loss due to the shrunken gaskets. They are way cheaper to operate than a locomotive at the tail end, especially when the power at the head end is sufficient to pull a very long consist along the flat prairie landscape. When used at the very back of the train, they also are equipped with a built-in EOT system as can be seen by the red light(s) at the end of the containers/cars. These would be a colorful and interesting addition to a locomotive on a prairie route, IMHO.

Haven't researched to much but I almost exclusively use Searchlight, Safetran or the G Style Trilight signals from JR and since this is a wishlist for non loco.....

It would be awesome indeed of JR could create 04's and 05's of all 3 types that faced both ways.

I always place an 04 (or 05) then use the corresponding head and attach it from the back to achieve what I need but it sure would be nice if I could do it all in one shot...

I think a useful thing to have would be an operating roll-up door with attached track, and a solid black background behind the door, so that it could be put on the side of all buildings. This way, we could have tracks inside most buildings. It is currently hard to do this, which is a problem as a large number of real-life warehouses and industries have indoor track.

American Intermodal, I have not heard anything more since release! I sure would like to see an expansion on that as mentioned with different size containers, different types of trailers, assorted truck colors, etc. American Intermodal is the most interesting and the best container animation ever.

A seaport American Intermodal would be awesome. A drivable container ship that can be loaded/unloaded in conjunction with your FEC Port Everglades Terminal would be nice!

I like how the stencil on the first looks like the built-in stencil for GIMP, so it looks like a real-life beginner reskin. The sloppiness of the patch also adds to that effect. Also, did you see the ICG stencil on the frame? Just a cool thing I noticed. Since CN absorbed IC, I would assume that is why it is there.

Back