Storm Sewer Trench Help

manjoe

Still Learning
Hello Trainzers.........

I am trying to put together a 2 board sized construction site. I will be using buildings under construction, and other various items related to the construction of said buildings. I am at TRS2004 build 2365.

The problem I am having is building the trenches for the storm sewers by MGREEN48. An example is 52519:17013, which is a simple straight piece. The trench is always too big.:confused:

First I tried laying single track along the path to be taken by the sewers, and then adjust the spline height to minus something. I would then apply the SMOOTH SPLINE HEIGHT tool. Trench is too big.:confused:

I then tried to use the Topology Function, adjusted the RADIUS to minimum, and set the height, for example, to " -5 " ( minus 5 ). If I stay directly on the grid lines, the results are far better than using the track spline height tool. But even this method would require me to stay on the grid lines ( no 45 degree angles ). While this is acceptable to me, I am wondering if any of you have an answer for me.:'(

Is there anything known that will make a hole that ***DOES NOT** exceed the width of the grid square???:confused: Thanks for any suggestions. Maybe the answer is right in front of my face and I cant see it !!!!!:cool:

The only thing I can think of would be to use digholes (from the DLS), and then disguise them somehow. But, that creates the same problem that you get using "Smooth Spline" or "Use Height".

Some sort of river bank or canal wall would work, as long as it had the upper plate for the ground surface. You'd have to use textures to match the ground to the spline, though.
There may be some suitable retaining walls, too.

:cool: Claude

Thank you both Ferrous and Tokkyu40. Those are some great ideas. I wanted to keep the trench no more than about double what the heavy duty machinery shovel was. We all see the sites around town somewhere. I love putting together construction sites for areas that are vacant. I could never figure out how to do the trenches. I guess I could simply have the storm sewers above ground in preperation for the digging, which is quite common. Maybe I am having too much fun, and need to find something more worthwhile to confuse me !!!!!!!!!!!!!

You both have a great day, and thanks a lot. I gotta get back to work. The crane with the sewer pipe is blocking the locomotive, or is it the other way around???:wave:

Back