Stopping at RED signal and never proceeding- possible fix

boleyd

I had some places where the train stopped for a red signal but never proceeded - Locks Session. There was no obvious culprit. Today I was following the progress of a session on the information line at the bottom of the screen. I saw a red signal coming up but the nearest real signal was green. HMMMM, an invisible signal. The train stopped and there beside the train was a whistle post. I disabled all of the original issue whistle posts and now the place where the train always stopped was passed thru as it should be. There are other newer whistle posts that are not in the route and I did not alter them.

You can also reset the Driver AI. Stop Schedule > Start Schedule.

He will do exactly as he's told based upon what's in front of him. The key is to work out why he doesn't want to move.

You can also click on the signals to find why they are red etc.

There are some older whistle posts that are scriptable to allow for horn sounds to play. For some reason these don't work well anymore. I found that they didn't work well in TS12 either so they've been put off to the side. Instead I use a trackside asset from GFisher B&M Whistle Post. I customized it by making it a bit closer to the tracks and made a left side version. (Simple edits to the config.txt files). Dave Snow and others have made some simple yet useful whistle posts as well. The good news is all can be replaced using the Bulk Replace assets tool.

You can also reset the Driver AI. Stop Schedule > Start Schedule.
In TANE and lower versions there is a shortcut method of restarting the schedule:

Left-click the icon of the command currently being executed - the one just to the right of the drivers icon. This aborts the current command and immediately restarts it.

Warning: If you do that while a runaround is in progress then the target information is lost and the runaround aborts.

Trevor

In TANE and lower versions there is a shortcut method of restarting the schedule:

Left-click the icon of the command currently being executed - the one just to the right of the drivers icon. This aborts the current command and immediately restarts it.

Warning: If you do that while a runaround is in progress then the target information is lost and the runaround aborts.

Trevor
The turnaround command WILL get erased anytime you stop and resume, by doing what you suggest or by the controls of the pull down menu above left. It should not be that way, as other commands will still do what they are commanded. Contrary to what I have read during the times, this is a very useful command if properly configured, and works pretty well.

Back