Steam super weekend easter in Cowra NSW

NSWGR_46Class

Just call my Captain Rude
Both 5917 and 3237 will be in steam for the 4 days over easter, Full details on the LVR web site.

Looks like its going to be a could steam weekend

Will 5917 be running towards picton? Ive heard that it will be ( tom you better be right ) and want to chase it on the friday but ive only found one timetable which isn't related to the LVR site so im not sure. ( It was on the ARTC site or something like that)

Anthony

Will 5917 be running towards picton? Ive heard that it will be ( tom you better be right ) and want to chase it on the friday but ive only found one timetable which isn't related to the LVR site so im not sure. ( It was on the ARTC site or something like that)

Anthony

not quite - the schedule published on the LVR site is double headed shuttles to Noonbinna/Koorawatha friday/sunday/monday. On saturday they are stretching their legs a bit and heading down to Harden and back

the next steam around picton is 3642 + 3526 picton to goulburn on saturday 5 april

Ok, Time to let the cat out of the bag.

3801 Limited will be arriving in Cowra on Monday 21st of March with a diesel locomotive, water-gin, and 4 carriages.

On Friday 24th March, the diesel + 4 cars will be departing Cowra at 9:00am with 5917 + watergin leaving for Sydney at a later time, this is yet to be confirmed.

BUT, 5917 WILL be going to Sydney under lease to 3801 Ltd.

Tom
________
vapir no2

Last edited:
Who owns the 5917? I've read it was privately owned by someone associated with the Lalclan Vintage Village in Forbes.

Who owns the 5917? I've read it was privately owned by someone associated with the Lalclan Vintage Village in Forbes.

Yes your half right it owned by a group called the "5917 Syndicate" bit of a strange mob keep everthing close to there chest and not happy about outsiders - they will put a hit squad out on Tom for letting the cat out of the bag as that was all meant to be very hush hush.

They are known for not being user frendly and one of there members is well known for his very rude outburst on fellows rail fans on the rail page fourms, they like to tell people that they formed the LVR and other fairy tails.

It's all a bit like getting yourself voted in as directors of the LVR then setting up your own railway company and then voting to lease yourself locomotives.

The cat has well and truly been out of the bag by others before me so I am not to fearful of the hit squad.

I will be going to Harden behind the two steamers this Saturday so might see you guys there:p

Tom
________
Honda XL600V

Last edited:
I tried to book in advance but the lad on the phone told me you have to buy on the day, mind sending me a PM how you managed to book in advance:p

Tom
________
video reviews

Last edited:
Its an old boys club thing

No secret, the lad on the phone is Mark and old mate of mine just told him who I was, had a chat and bingo 2 seats on hold. :)

Come on, me being an old Cowra lad has to give me some cudos some times nod nod wink wink

Aww well, I'll just have to arrive early and buy my tickets on the day, any idea when they go on sale, I'll probably be arriving at 6 or 7 to take some pictures and help clean carriages if they are willing to accept the help.

I'm not one to refuse giving help where necessary as every bit counts:D

Tom
________
Ford Essex V6 engine (Canadian) history

Last edited:
Tickets sales open at around 9:00 am.

It you want a bit of work for the day there is always an opening for you being my pack horse, those tripods get a bit heavy after a while. Seems like I may have to be lugging 2 video cameras along one to video in NTSC and another for PAL format. And then somebodys got to nick off and get the lunchs and such so the rest of us take photos. LOL

Thinking about seeing if I can get a Pizza delivered to the train on the way back :)

I'll help you lug your stuff around if you want, Could be interesting seeing a Pizza Delivery guy chasing after us trying to deliver the Pizza :p

I'm doing the typical thing and PACKING lunch :eek:, I'm certainly looking forward to a good steam-day out.

Tom
________
vaporgenie vaporizer

Last edited:
Here are some of my better shots:p

2351253249_9fb32484d7.jpg
2352082384_3eb51978bf.jpg

2351255825_1125e8967c.jpg

2352083626_de5962c832.jpg

2352083058_2936c5d096.jpg

Tom
________
Rolls-Royce 30 hp

Last edited:
a couple more

getting ready
94556899.jpg

arrival at Harden

medium.jpg

the long hard slog up up to Demondrille ( and yes we were wrong line working)

94557867.jpg

homeward bound - Young

94558545.jpg

a couple more

94557867.jpg

homeward bound - Young
4rd car back from the 32 class - second steamer - the buffer car - heads out window near center door it prety much odd on thats either flatty or Me, my moneys on Flatty . It was a great trip hay Stan - loved it on the trip home - our whole group almost hung on every slip of the drivers on the way home :)

definitely a good day - even tho the missus was pretty over it by the time we got home ( especially with the unexpected delay at Harden and Young on the way home) - the joys... :)

I'll have to thank our carriage attendant too - he was pretty tolerant with me diving from one side of the car to another.. but then again, if you saw my camera you'd get out of the way too..

I'll have to thank our carriage attendant too - he was pretty tolerant with me diving from one side of the car to another.. but then again, if you saw my camera you'd get out of the way too..

Were you wearing a stripy tshirt by any chance, I made the mistake of riding the Train Friday afternoon with a full size digital betacam video camera -- they all moved for me ha ha ha ha

Back