Status Showing Third Party on my Assets

davidakridge

Session Creator
My latest batch of assets are showing as "Third Party" and the ones I Installed last week are showing "Installed From The DLS" in the Status Column in Manage Content.area. Can someone tell me why the difference?

You have the assets already but they are most likely not showing for most other people.
I think in this case you managed to download your own assets, but if someone else would list your assets they don't show (yet). They will in a few days, maybe in 12 hours already.

That makes sense. Thank you. I was just strange. I did download them again once they were installed. I like to keep track of what assets are on the DLS and when they were uploaded in the content area. If I don't, they just show as modified.

Yeah; same here. I want to avoid going to edit an asset that has already been uploaded. Not having that "locally modified" flag helps a lot.

You have the assets already but they are most likely not showing for most other people.
I think in this case you managed to download your own assets, but if someone else would list your assets they don't show (yet). They will in a few days, maybe in 12 hours already.

I'm afraid I have to knock out that theory. I have two "Third Party" assets I downloaded from the DLS some weeks ago. They are definitely not mine (different KUID).

All the assets listed above were downloaded at the same time yet the last two have their status as "Third Party" while the others (including 2 by the same author) are "Installed from the DLS".

Edit: I just compared the config.txt files for the first and last items in the list above and there is nothing that I can see that would cause the difference. The assets themselves contain only the config.txt file and a thumbnail file - they reference other assets by Andi06. Resubmitting both "open for edit" assets (without any changes) sets both their status values to "Modified", reverting to original brings them back to the status as shown in the image.

Last edited:
<kuid:368725:49056> is installed, not builtin and not payware, and not available on the DLS = 3rd party.

That kuid <kuid:368725:49056> IS available on DLS.

Which is exactly where I got it from.

NSWGRPro_Track.jpg

Last edited:
That kuid <kuid:368725:49056> IS available on DLS.

// Erik from Sweden

But that asset is faulty and is on the faulty list. Therefore it's hiding as an unknown. So Tony is right from a particular point of view. :)

It is missing some aliased meshes.

But that asset is faulty and is on the faulty list. Therefore it's hiding as an unknown.

That I understand, but its presence on the DLS, faulty or not, does not mean to me that it is third party.

PS: It is not showing on my CM as having any missing or faulty dependencies.

That I understand, but its presence on the DLS, faulty or not, does not mean to me that it is third party.

PS: It is not showing on my CM as having any missing or faulty dependencies.

That's N3V's definition. My concern is that these assets are showing up on the CRG faulties list and they are not faulty. When I first looked at the asset it was faulty when I first downloaded it. But after closing CM and then opening CM again for that asset it was clean.

The CRG still has 4800 assets to fix and we don't need "non faulty" assets.

Back