SP1 DISASTER

BigThing

This is continued the forum, I don't get cars!!!! Thread

I installed the sp1 patch and now when i start the game it crashes back to the desktop, it did this last time and all i could do was reinstall it!!!!

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP FAST!!!!

Did you install it with your antivirus active? If so unintsall everything Trainz related and reinstall with your antivirus switched off.

Bill69

To disable AVG: Right mouse button click on the icon in your tray and look for exit.

Try reinstalling the patch again. If that doesn't work reinstall and redo the patch.

Did you run CM2 - Content Manager 2.0?
This should launch right away after the SP1 install. This has to rebuild your database prior to loading the program. If you canceled this from running, it can cause the program to fail.

John

I thought that if i opened the cm2 before i installed the patch it would do the update but then it started to repair the database, i thought that was it, when it had finished it still didn't work.

I have now turned off AVG and then tried to do the patch again but it says this:-
This patch file is not applicable to your current installation version.
(Build hash: a7393bf292e15192176e0587809cb4eb)

No valid patch operation was specified. Patching aborted.

I'm really confused now

Please help

Edit: I have decided i will start a new forum for this conversation It will be under SP1 DISASTER

That is the replies from the old thread

Can someone help please?!!!

Not sure if this is the same thing, but I just recently purchased TRS09...

My first attempt at getting it up to date (from b37625), didn't work out well. Once I was at SP1 (b38285), and tried to apply the patch that follows (to b38599), the patch kept failing and TRS09 would exit with an error when I tried to run it. I tried this using the automatically downloaded patch.

My solution was to uninstall, start over with a fresh install, and then I downloaded the manual patch that goes from fresh install (b37625) directly to the current patched release (b38599) without stopping in between at SP1 (b38285), applied that, and have had no problems since.

After applying the patch, you will get an error message about content. I don't remember the exact wording, but that error is expected. Let it do its thing rebuilding the index it needs, without interruption, and you should be good.

I don't remember what thread the patch was in, but do a forum search for this:

--> 37625_to_38599.exe <--

This is the patch I ended up using.

Give this a try, see if it works for you too.

Lemme know how it goes.

-- Smoovious

Wait... Is this about getting cars to appear in 09? If so, then I have an easy solution. You are running the default region, so no matter what, cars will not appear. What you have to do is start a new route and select a region other than default. If you already have a route started, then you will have to open the config, go to the part that says region, and replace its KUID with the region you want.

As for SP1, I am not really sure.

Not sure if this is the same thing, but I just recently purchased TRS09...

My first attempt at getting it up to date (from b37625), didn't work out well. Once I was at SP1 (b38285), and tried to apply the patch that follows (to b38599), the patch kept failing and TRS09 would exit with an error when I tried to run it. I tried this using the automatically downloaded patch.

My solution was to uninstall, start over with a fresh install, and then I downloaded the manual patch that goes from fresh install (b37625) directly to the current patched release (b38599) without stopping in between at SP1 (b38285), applied that, and have had no problems since.

After applying the patch, you will get an error message about content. I don't remember the exact wording, but that error is expected. Let it do its thing rebuilding the index it needs, without interruption, and you should be good.

I don't remember what thread the patch was in, but do a forum search for this:

--> 37625_to_38599.exe <--

This is the patch I ended up using.

Give this a try, see if it works for you too.

Lemme know how it goes.

-- Smoovious

I'm going to try your solution, two questions though:-

1. Is there any way i can back up all the content that isn't default or getting it into one place on the CM?

2. How or where do i get the patch?

Thanks

Hi BigThing
To backup your comment make a copy of the 'local' folder, which will be found in the TRS install directory. To put this content back in, just copy the local folder back in when you've installed Trainz, then run an extended database repair in CM2.

To find the patch, have a look in the announcements forum. Your best bet will be the 38599 patch thread in there. :)

Have fun
Zec

Does the local folder contain everything that you've created/downloaded/imported?

Sorry if I'm hesitating but when my hard drive failed i lost a lot of content including a route that i had been working on for 2YEARS!!!!!

Yes the local folder contains all the content in Trainz, whether its built-in or not.

Robby :wave:

So one last time;

Have moved the local file to my documents

I uninstall and reinstall the game

Then i do the 37625_to_38599 patch which is the one following the link that deeelare sent

Is that right

Im kinda nervous

And that WILL work?

So one last time;

Have moved the local file to my documents
I uninstall and reinstall the game
Then i do the 37625_to_38599 patch which is the one following the link that deeelare sent
Is that right
Im kinda nervous
And that WILL work?

You have backed up your content files - Good
Uninstall and Reinstall TS2009 ( with anti-virus off ) -Good
((then open trainz and click start - your build number will show in lower right hand corner ) If it does not show build 37625 STOP and post the build number ! You might then need SP1 ?)
If it shows build 37625 then download the 37625 to 38599 patch -Good
Update your content file -Good

Things should be Good , Good , Good !
No guarantees , written and /or implied --- ,DLR :) !

Now when i try and uninstall it says that the file is corrupted and it cannot.

("C:\Program Files\Auran\TS2009\unins000.dat" file is corrupted. Cannot uninstall)

The unins000.dat file is there

I dont know what the problem is now

Hi,

that's not a great problem: ;)

1) Use windows file explorer:-
delete the folder containing 2009 (usually in C:\program files\Auran) - you may need to highlight the folder, right mouse click and change the folder properties to not "read only").

2) Careful now:-
use the Windows "start" button, then "Run" and type in "REGEDIT" into the box.
This lets you edit the Windows Registry. Look for all files/folders marked as TRS2009, and delete them.
(Other people recommend "Registry Cleaner" to do this for them - either will work).

Now you have deleted the program files (step 1), and told Windows that that it doesn't have any information about TRS 2009 (step 2).

Step 3 - Deactivate your virus checker, install TRS 2009.

Step 4 Virus checker back on!, re-enter your username & password in TRS 2009.

Step 5 Use CM2 and Import the local folder that you have saved - this may take a while!

Step 6, run TRS 2009 and read off the build number (call it xxxxx) - now find the correct patch for version "xxxxx" - download and install.

HTH,

Colin

Your build number(present unpatched) should appear on screen when you open 2009. Once you've got that number you need to find the latest update for that build number only. It will only apply to your version.

I have tried two separate patches both with my build number

I swear once one problem is fixed on my computer another one arises

I had a problem with SimCity 4 which took me like a month to fix and then i had a few days of peace and now this. GRRRRRRRRRRRRR.:'(

Anyone else got any ideas???

Last edited:
Back