Can you top this TRS22 Patch ?

K3JohnHO

Updating from TRS22 112411 (No errors, No Warnings) to 123794 (10 errors, 390 Warnings)

10 - Failed to download precached data for package 'sc491....

+ page after page of 'present in multiple locations' messages.

+ page after page of 'Checking for faulty assets'.
'Skipping validations as asset is locally obsolete'.

196 seconds elapsed.

I could forgive, well almost, an 'Upgrade' introducing problems, but a 'Patch' should correct problems, not introduce them.

You 'Patch' a hole in a boat but you 'Upgrade' it by replacing the engine with a better one or by adding features etc.

Please add your experience to the thread. Thanks, K3JohnHO.

This is not unusual. That patch causes problems probably due to specific conditions in the patched program. N3V has moved on.
I have the 123794 version and no issues. But getting there depends on what the poorly written patch sees in the update process.

Perhaps N3V should validate the to-be patched software BEFORE applying a patch. But that has no cost/benefit that can be seen - so patch and pray.

Last edited:
I was considering patching from build 119451 TRS22 Sp1 to Sp 3 Build 123794. The whole process from my observations from various forum posts have left me somewhat dubious. A patch should fix not make worse a program. The benefits do not seem to be worth the effort. Perhaps another patch? Oh woe....:rolleyes:

Updating from TRS22 112411 (No errors, No Warnings) to 123794 (10 errors, 390 Warnings)

10 - Failed to download precached data for package 'sc491....
This means they patched some DLC packages and the program will rebuild the cache the first time you start TRS22.
+ page after page of 'present in multiple locations' messages.
This means the same asset is used in multiple DLC packages. Not a problem.
+ page after page of 'Checking for faulty assets'.
'Skipping validations as asset is locally obsolete'.
This is just the Database Repair that the patch runs automatically and means you have both new and old versions of some assets. You can delete most items labeled as obsolete in Content Manager. It saves disk space.
196 seconds elapsed.

I could forgive, well almost, an 'Upgrade' introducing problems, but a 'Patch' should correct problems, not introduce them.
N3V patches do both upgrades of content and bug fixes. Would you prefer a patch that ran with no feedback?
You 'Patch' a hole in a boat but you 'Upgrade' it by replacing the engine with a better one or by adding features etc.

Please add your experience to the thread. Thanks, K3JohnHO.

You can ignore the precache errors. According to Tony Hilliam, the owner and president of N3V, this has to do with the package-version being a higher version than what the server thinks they are supposed to be.

Back