Southern Pacific In Trainz

Kris94

Banned
So I decided to break my vow once again. Oh well. Let's try again to show off our beloved Espee(Southern Pacific). The company was also referred to as Southern Pacific Lines and Southern Pacific Transportation Company. Share your screenshots, stories, post videos and all SP related assets here. All I ask for you is to keep it clean, friendly, and to get along. Not too hard is it? Only 12 days before I ship out. Let's try to keep this in good standing and I'd like to leave on a good & high note.

Guidelines: All Southern Pacific Railroad or Cotton Belt screenshots without patches, amour yellow colors or any remnants of UP count. Since SP required a lot of foreign power to adequately supply it's freight trains I will be nice enough to let you guys put that in the screenshot as long as there's either SP/SSW units visible in the picture and if it's on a consist and not separate like on a siding, industry or yard I will require that an SP or SSW be the lead unit. This will apply to rolling stock as well. DRGW units without any UP remnants will also be allowed here on the condition an SP or SSW unit is present in the screenshot. Hopefully this isn't much to ask of anyone here. But let's try to keep this thread open. Any negative comments posts or violations of the COC will be reported to the mods.

If when I get back in December this thread is still open, then I will make sure everyone who contributes here is well rewarded. So hopefully this will motivate you.

I'll start it off.

kris94201209190001.jpg

Three Southern Pacific General Electric(GE) AC4400CWs in charge of the JaMarcus_to_Brentdale_Coal Train(JMBDC). 84 hoppers are attached to the consist and this train is headed eastbound on the Manningham Subdivision. This is in surveyor mode.

Read the title. It's for a specific railroad company. If it were a general thread then yes. It's about Espee. The USA Thread is for all railroads and routes in the US. This is about just SP and it's affiliates.

Well thanks for the compliments. I didn't think the picture would get so much praise. Just thought they were ordinary at best.

Southern Pacific Daylight headed to San Jose from Sacramento passing a Western Pacific 2-8-8-2 with mixed freight waiting for track clearance west bound at Altamont.

SuperFudd_20100616_0002.jpg
Tracy '62.jpg

Local SP frieght at Tracy entering spur to Holly Sugar.

SuperFudd_20100616_0004.jpg

S.P. Pleasanton turn departing East Pleasanton with a load of gravel for the San Francisco Penensula via the Dumbarton Bridge. Stanley Blvd is in the foreground.

Last edited:
This is wierd!

If you ckick on new posts icon you get more posts than if you klick on the string's title. :confused:

Never mind . "problem " fixed.

Last edited:
Hi Taylor,

No. That is why the distant shot so it isn't obvious that it has a coal tender without WP logo. Since then I run that loco with a medium sized WP ish looking oil tender with a WP logo. It needs a large one though. I don't think WP ran coal in California.

Hi Kris,

Since I took that shot I do have a newer version of 4449 but not the latest. Will the latest work with TS2009 SP3?

Last edited:
kris94201209190002.jpg

The JMBDC on the move.
kris94201209190003.jpg

scaled.php

scaled.php

Strolling on by the abandoned industries.
scaled.php

Inactive hoppers.
kris94201209190007.jpg

Approaching an MP lead mixed freight train.
kris94201209190008.jpg

MP/SP meet & greet.
kris94201209190009.jpg

MoPac boxcars.

Back