sorry for the flame wars

recently i have posted stuff such as: jointed rail sucks, jointed rail is fraud, all stuff should be free, and obviously i struck a chord with the trainz community i am sorry to all i have insulted, hurt, or frustrated. i never meant to start all these flame wars, i simply thought that some things just aren't worth paying for(jointed rail, and other payware sites included) but i realize now that jointed rail, K&L trainz, paulztrainz, and other payware sites ARE worth the money if you are into the content they produce. anything you have to say please do, but guys ...

... lets keep it civil and clean shall we?.

ps: i just got trainz 12 again(after accidentally corrupting my files and not bothering to re-download for a few months) i am downloading SP-1 and all the hotfixes now, hope to see you on the mainline soon(multiplayer)

thanks for your time fellas :p
sorry for any trouble i caused to the admins, moderators, and just, all members of the forums who have wasted their time being mad at me.

;) - cameron

Dang, must have missed that one! I have bought items or had commission work done from the 3 places you mentioned. Two of them do fantastic work, the other one......no. Two of the guys who I have had the pleasure of working with (I didn't do anything) are among the very best in the business. They seem to have super knowledge about all things having to do with trains/trainz. I am amazed that they knew so much about my favorite railroad (CNR). I spent a lot of time researching items. There was no need for it, they already knew, or did their own research. Time is a very valuable item. If you have the talent to turn out prototype like models, you deserve to be compensated for your time and skill. I like payware for two reasons. If you go to the right places, you are going to be very happy with what you get. I just cannot ask someone to do something for nothing. I'd like to be able to repay in some way, but that's not always possible or "legal". There is a ton of first class freeware locos and rolling stock here, but I use very little of it. Not because it's bad, it just does not fit with my route. I can tell you this; many of the freeware artists are doing much better work than the "the other one.....no". I would be willing to pay for their work if I could use it.

Have a nice day Cameron, you did the right thing. Remember, you do not have to buy any of it.

See ya...I suppose it's still summer out your way......Rick

ummmm that is the first time i have heard that it's summer for me because i am canadian and its hard to go anywhere without getting some "2 day summer" joke i am home schooled if thats what you mean. anyway thanks for the reply, i am having a technical issue with downloading SP-1 but according to a reply to one of my older posts from a few months ago, its all normal(just hoping that its supposed to take 2 days to download the update) if you want you can send over a friend in-game maybe we can play a multiplayer match some time. no flame yet thats a good sign

Hhhm. Hadn't noticed the flames on this one but there again I am a bit faraway here in the centre of the universe (Glasgow for the unknowing)..........

a special sorry to norfolksouthern37 for all the hate on his jointed rail, and DLS content.

thanks for contributing to our vast armada of content mr norfolksouthern37 sorry for the hate

Back