(Some) TANE DLC I own shows up as not owned in the TRS 19 Content Store

madve2

Hello,

I have recently bought TRS 19 on Steam and ran into a confusing situation with regards to DLC I own...

So, before TRS 19, I have bought:
- TANE on Steam
- Platinum bundle for TANE on Steam
- TMR bundle for TANE on the Trainz Store

All of those DLC items worked as expected in TANE.

Now, when I run TRS 19 and open the Content Store, it correctly shows TANE Platinum content as owned, and I'm allowed to install those items. TMR items, however (Like Japan Model Trainz) are shown as not owned, and I'm asked to purchase them again.

While looking for a fix to that issue, I have noticed some items in the Purchased tab without picture, all with names like "sc:xxx". I recognized those as DLC IDs, and indeed installing e.g sc:369 makes Japan Model Trainz show up in TRS 19.

For some routes (e.g. Franklin Avenue Industrial), this workaround seems to work without noticeable problems, but for others (like Japan Model Trainz or Port Zyd) it's just a half-measure: only quick drive works – loading any other session freezes on the loading screen.

Is there any way to fix this? Or should I just stick to purchasing DLC on Steam from now on?

Thanks,
Daniel

Have you checked your MyTrainz account (top of this page) and looked under digital downloads. Owned DLC can be found there for installation.

I have Tane as a result of being on Gold. In my install DLC content in Tane shows as the package number as you say. I was surprised. I don't know how they expect new users to know what that stuff is. Here's a WIKI page with the routes/sc numbers in case you don't have it available. Look for the PLUS marks under "Complete DLC Listing."
DLC LISTING PAGE

And as stagecoach says, check your Content Vault in MyTrainz website. Some content has to be "picked" before it shows in game. That had a purpose once (Gold members initially could pick 5 itmes a month I think it was) but no purpose any longer but for some odd reason some content still has to be chosen in the Content Vault.

Have you checked your MyTrainz account (top of this page) and looked under digital downloads. Owned DLC can be found there for installation.

Thanks for the suggestion! Actually I did, but it shows up as empty. It also says that "TANE will download DLC automatically in game. DLC downloads on this page are for people who wish to install the DLC in products pre TS12 SP1." and indeed in TANE they download successfully, even though they are not in this list. It's just TRS 19 that doesn't seem to recognize them properly (even though it lists them in the Purchased tab by their IDs, as I described).

01.03.2022-15.41.png

Thanks for the suggestion! Actually I did, but it shows up as empty. It also says that "TANE will download DLC automatically in game. DLC downloads on this page are for people who wish to install the DLC in products pre TS12 SP1." and indeed in TANE they download successfully, even though they are not in this list. It's just TRS 19 that doesn't seem to recognize them properly (even though it lists them in the Purchased tab by their IDs, as I described).

01.03.2022-15.41.png

ALL of content shows that way? I'm on plus and my Beta and Preview items show that way (ID's) but anything actually released and available for sale shows with proper Name... not the ID's.

I have Tane as a result of being on Gold. In my install DLC content in Tane shows as the package number as you say. I was surprised. I don't know how they expect new users to know what that stuff is. Here's a WIKI page with the routes/sc numbers in case you don't have it available. Look for the PLUS marks under "Complete DLC Listing."
DLC LISTING PAGE

And as stagecoach says, check your Content Vault in MyTrainz website. Some content has to be "picked" before it shows in game. That had a purpose once (Gold members initially could pick 5 itmes a month I think it was) but no purpose any longer but for some odd reason some content still has to be chosen in the Content Vault.

I'm not a Gold / Silver member, I just made a good-old purchase of these items :) And in TANE, they do show up properly, it's TRS 19 that seems to misinterpret it somehow (see the screenshot in my previous post). The fact that it shows up by ID wouldn't bother me that much if it worked properly – but apparently it does not (e.g. Japan Model Trainz freezes on any session other than quick drive), and I suspect that this Content Store issue might be behind it.

ALL of content shows that way? I'm on plus and my Beta and Preview items show that way (ID's) but anything actually released and available for sale shows with proper Name... not the ID's.

No, just the routes I have purchased on the Trainz Store (the routes in the TMR bundle). Items I purchased on Steam show up properly. The proper "release version" of these items also show up, but only on the Store tab (with a price attached), as if I didn't own them.

You mentioned you purchased previous items on Steam. This may be why these are shown as not installed. This most likely requires a message to the helpdesk. Trainz Support - Powered by Kayako Help Desk Software (trainzportal.com)

Some of the older packages are displayed that way which is confusing. Sometimes if you double-click on the name, it'll tell you what it is, but not always.

As mentioned, go into My Trainz and Content Vault.
Select each available item, individually unfortunately.

Once selected, go into the Content Store and download each item.

Warning don't do all at once, otherwise this will lock everything up!

Hi everyone,

thanks again for chiming in to help me! I have managed to fix the issue to a satisfying degree :)

- I still can't install "Japan model trainz", but I can install "sc369" and I have verified that they are indeed the same thing (same files etc.) So my account is alright actually.
- The reason that some scenarios didn't work (i.e. froze during loading) was unrelated to my account / route ownership. The problem was that I had "PhysX" enabled, and apparently these old routes don't like that :D Turning it off fixed the freezing issue! (I still get instant derails on some scenarios, but I've read that that's actually a bug in TRS19 SP4 so I guess there's nothing to do about that right now: https://forums.auran.com/trainz/sho...on-Town-Northern-routes&p=1904505#post1904505 )

Back