Snow High Valley Distr Ctr (High Resolution 950x532) Approx

Special meeting in a very high place (Code Name Queensland 46221)

Evening all,

Been busy trying to fix Faulty and missing assets, and learning some about Asset X, now it's time to read the manuals.....

Now to the Route, we have come from Belton Grade thru Essex Valley, and water in this area is called Hyack River.

Looking across the Valley we see a very long string of Tankers up high on hill.

Oh my look who dropped in to meet with us, Queensland 46221 coming thru late in the afternoon with Tourists headed over to Lovette Ski Log.

The Queen is stopped awaiting for the Tanker Train to pass, and Tourist get a beautiful view of the Hyack River below......

The Queen has raised her Steam up as we proceed to clear ahead. What a View, I really like TANE now, it never look like this in TS-12.

:p And here we have a Grand Meet of the Locos, Old and Glorious, newer and brightly painted Diesels working hard in the high country.

Just wanted to put up so more pics for your viewing pleasure.......Got a lot of work to due after those TANE QUAKES:'(......Grrrr......

Night all.

Trail of Smok today, working hard of course.

Good Day all,

We had a little Train meet with the Queensland, and she looks great.....Aurora Express is headed to the Yards below, because our TANE Quake won't allow us into the Refinery Safely. In other words, I have to fill some deep crevasses,,,,grrrr. And repair Tracks too...My work is never done.

A blaze of Smoke as our Helpers push the weight thru the Tunnel ahead on the WYE here.......

And woooffffff, Aurora is gone, now the Queensland Express can continue in about 5m mins once Dispatch sets the switch.

This is another Picture as the Queen was coming in for the Meet spot with Aurora Express, she will head out to Lovette Canyon. Wonderful trip for the Tourist she is carrying.

A panoramic view of our great valley.........Do I like T:ANE now...........What a difference over TS-12 on this Laptop,, and even better when I get it installed on a dedicated Desktop with high end Nvidia GPU, not BUILT IN either......I hate builtin Video Cards, it never pays......I'm old school from 1980's, and for us old geezers like me, we know the difference.........:(

Been setting up AssetX and PEV's tools, what a great software set once I learn it, my brain is on overload,,,,,,

Also forgot to tell you all, several of my bridges Pier Supports are cut 2/3 thirds or more,,,,,,so I need to replace quite few of them......Must be something to do with 32 bit and 64 bit versions, I don't know.......

Thanks all for dropping by........Comments and critique are always welcome..........I just try and have fun with my Route, it's one of the most fascinating hobbies next my enjoyment with Computers.....Yes I am a True Geek from the git go! :hehe:

Cut in 1/2 Bridge Piers (grrrr) Essex Run continues, AssetX pains!

Good Day all,

Been one busy weekend for sure, had to get car repaired, like us when they get old, they cost more sometimes.
And one of my Grand Kids turns a year older today, can't believe soon they will be in College too!$$$$$

OK back to Trainz,

Well I'm fixing AssetX as I learn about the missing things it needs when using it in T:ANE, just INI files and Scripts that need info about T:ANE added to it so it understands the program better, T:ANE is a different animal, so I have been busy reading all stuff in Asset-X FAQ

[url]http://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?63264-Asset%B7X-FAQ

I highly recommend those who are new to Asset-X like me to read this Thread top to bottom, for example, I found that the Asset-X ini file only had "PATHS" up to Vers 3.8 and my Assets from my content user # is showing Vers 4.3, so there is a space between 3.8 to 4.3 Asset-X doesn't know what those versions are, that may be, I don't know for sure, the reason I can't see my 403,000 Asset's when I run the Problem.

Good thing is I was able to Run PEV'S images and my 1300 Faulty assets is now down to 592, that's fantastic.

My next issue is a lot of Assets show Unknown,everyone has these it's a common issue in Trainz for a Variety of reasons,,,,, so I have to search for them, some I may never find? Because they are unknown Creators, not on DSL.....So it is going to take some time to sort it out!

As for my bridges, something is really wrong with the Pier height, particular ones, you'll see in the Pictures below, the Piers in TS-12 went to floor over the water, in T:ANE, they are 1/4 to 1/2 half their Pier length, I know it has to do with T:ANE, I just have to try and figure out how to fix it, or use another Bridge......Maybe I need to check out Ben Dorsey's Bridges, I hear he's pretty good. Or even Dave Snow's, time to go shopping maybe, ditch the fix..........I'm never bored I can tell you that, that empty space between my ears gets a lot of exercise.......:hehe:

So in the pictures below, we are coming out of One Tunnel and headed across a river way below, and can see the Bridge problem...
a514a7d0377d74cf1ca907c9975b3ae6.jpg
[/URL]
We stopped our Train for a second here to do an Air check, Brakes etc before we descend down into the Valley.....

Coming out of the Tunnel we have a clear signal, I need to move the Signal closer to the opening here,,lol, it got moved to far inside the tunnel........

Beautiful Hyack River below late in the Day..........Road below follows the River as it meanders around the Hills.

Thanks for dropping in folks and have a Blessed Day all........

Merging 5 routes together today

Good Monday all,

Just jumped in for a second here, I went thru last night and used a Delete Missing Asset Tool on all my routes last night to remove about 300 Faulty or missing assets since my migration form TS-12 to T:ANE platform, took me 1.5 hrs or more to do it on 30 routes I had in my directory, why so many routes, well I had at least 20 from TS-12 and then I went shopping for larger routes as I know this program can handle them from other members comments in forum.

So below is Waldavale to Karrah. sorry on Spelling, City and Country USA, British Midlands, Highlands and I don't remember other one.

So this is what they look like, I'm going to move the one of them into another spot by sliding it down and over, now the one problem I have is 2 of the routes sit 100-200 feet higher than the rest of the surrounding Tiles, so I might have remerge and add some tiles to make up for the height difference......That'll be a challenge, but it can be done........

I had a portion of these on my IPAD when I first started Trainz with Trainz Driver 2, Ipad has a tuff time with this size route, Video wise and storage space to some extent.

So now it will be fun to have this merge on the Laptop and T:ANE handling this route is day and night difference over the other route.

I'm taking a bit of a break from my Montana Lovette merge route for now, going to play with this.......

That's it for now, Got a Grand kids BDay and Halloween all rolled up into one........

Have great week all.........

Merged 9 Routes, it's hocus pocus time......

Well it's been a busy day around here, I merged 9 different size routes together, about 5-6 times, actually it was 10 Routes, but I removed one after deciding it just didn't fit into my Scheme, yes I fell of the Tracks today and went a little crazy, not rime or reason, except I wanted on alternative route to work on from my Montana Merge I put together.

So we have Australian on the bottom, right side going straight up, is British Midlands, and I think across the top is Tidewater..There is some more changes after I took this Map picture, I post tomorrow.

Now the routes all have subtle changes in Elevation, so I have lots of leveling, raising and track connections to make.....It will be lots of fun to see what I can do with it......Water canals need to be extended too, and lots of Texture changes all over the place, to help with sudden contrast changes between the Routes, and that is interesting to see how you match two opposing routes color wise.

This Outback Australia with some very interesting earthy colors.......

This is part of my first downloaded layout, Brazilian Wilds, 2 yrs ago when I came to Trainz Ipad2 version.............I don't know the author, but it caught my eye due to many Colors incorporated in small square Tile layout, I added lots of Tracks and changed some of the mountains etc. The picture here shows cars lined up for Rotary unload or in a quarry.
Lost of Power lined up here for all the Ore and Coal Cars to load and shunt out.

Another view across the small I area worked on, now part of much larger layout.

Bottom of Aussie layout, we have an old Steamer and Cars headed to a Town north of here..........

It's quite late, had lots of fun with my Grand Kids birthday party tonight.....Boy do they grow up fast.....

I post some more pics when I square away more changes in the new Merged layout I made today.

See you all around and thanks for coming buy.
:hehe:

Good Day all,

Well I've been up to no good again, found another Small Route "Cape and Cove", which so neatly done, I'm very fond of it. And it will fill a nice niche in my Merge of Merges!

I know you all probably think I crazing doing all these merges into one large layout, and your absolutely right, it takes a little crazy to do something like this in Trainz, and accept the consequences of insane ideas like this one!

With that said, Why do I do it, well, for me I like different types of routes into one, I can't have a Route that goes 1000 Miles. I want the Mountains, the Beach, the arid Desert, the Tropical, the Mysterious all wrapped up into one…..That's a very tall order!

Now another factor to consider, they are all going to be different heights and when you mix and match, well? You are going to break things, that is my risk I take, plus with all those things, you'll get missing or Faulty assets too, times 10x…..Wow what a mess I have created.

So now I have this big ole mess, what the heck am I going to get out of this, lots of work satisfaction in learning how to mend the borders between dissimilar textures and Cracks between the Height difference. Blend the different routes together where they meet so it looks more natural.

A prototype railroad, nope, far from it, but what I have now, is a lot of interesting places to go in one route, and it will work on this Laptop. What I'm trying to get across, take a chance once in a while, merge 2 or 3 routes together and see how it works out! Have some fun trying something different!

If you don't feel comfortable then don't try it, I don't want you to get frustrated and upset, it's takes patience with this type of Merge Puzzle.

In this last merge, I literally tried 5 places on the master merge route to see if it would work, placing, saving, reloading and trying again, if you're going to make it work, you have to use the perseverance to make it happen. Will it always work, heck no, I had a large section of another route I added and I thought I liked it, but in adding other pieces the next day, It came to the fact it wouldn't work out, and another small piece of the Route added at the beginning, needed to be removed as well, that's the way it is when you do a multi merge operation.

When you do these merges, ,make sure you save lots of backup Merges with unique names, because it something doesn't work out, your going to hate have to delete a lot of tiles because you didn't save your merges for each route you added.

For Example, I just saved 9 files as Merge 1, Merge 2, Merge 3, Etc, until I make sure I'm happy with what I have at this point, tonight was #10…..I can't emphasize this enough, make those backup files!

Now what's ahead, run Trains in each route see what needs Fixing

Go thru at Merge Points and Blend textures and adjust heights, add baseboards where needed, Remove excess baseboards (Prune the excess)……

Delete missing assets! Thank you Southern 1851 for the Tip!

Make Road and Rail connections between all the Merged Routes as needed.

My hope here is you can learn from some of the things I do, and why I do them? This works for me, I have fun with it, and I have my disappointment's sure, same as life issues.

My way might not be the best way, each of you have your own way, I respect that!

The picture below, is Cape and Cove on the Right, this final choice is where the fit was best, Red Arrows denotes the flow of Coast line matches nicely. Arrow on left, I need to open the Waterway into the large one on the left, no issue here....

10x merge as it looks now, there is 50% chance I have to cut back on the left Green Stub Tiles and make them shorter for Computer lag, just too many tiles, I will find out, and that is the risk when you put this much together at once, I know this from experience, I have been merge for over 2 yrs.....

Another view of the are I was working on, 3 Routes come together Waldavale Cape Cove and British Midlands on Left 1/3 of the Pic, Mulligan stew for sure..LOL

Look carefully here the merge point of Flatland an low hill is negligible, about 25-30 foot difference in height, it will be very easy to add Slope and adjust here..Got lucky on this one!

Just another view of height differences....Other spots in the merge are 100-200 feet differences, so lots of Route Surgery in those spots and I am up to the Task!

This is view across the bay between the Merges, and looks great.....I'm very pleased with the coastline shape I got out of this.

I think I blabbed enough tonight, and if you have a question please post here,,,,,

Have a good evening all and thanks for dropping in.

Last edited:
Always up to no good Blue. :p That is one interesting (and large) project you have there, it'll be interesting to see how these classic routes change and merge to become a masterpiece under your hand. Good luck!

Always up to no good Blue. :p That is one interesting (and large) project you have there, it'll be interesting to see how these classic routes change and merge to become a masterpiece under your hand. Good luck!

Thank you Sir...I did run int one problem, my Quick Drive Menu commands are frozen when in this Route only, I can't figure it out yet, first time I've ever had it happen.....But new to T:ANE well it could be some kind of Bug when you merge......Who knows?

Menu works in all my other routes.....Maybe someone has run into this before, when the I go into Quick Drive mode, the Menu comes up, when I put the Mouse pointer on the Links in the menu, they don't high lite at all. So the only thing I can do is hit the X to close the menu, everything else works fine in Quick Drive Mode.....If worse comes to worse, I'll cutup the Route till I find the Merge part that's causing the issue! If indeed that's the problem...

Hopefully it won't come to this, but if it does, I'll go to mat if need be.

What's that thing they say, I'm really experiencing growing pains. LOL

Hmm, I can't say I've ever encountered that particular problem. Maybe try waiting a bit and seeing if the buttons work then? I'm not really sure what would cause something like that.

Forgot got something important before I merged! What a dummy I am today.....

Hmm, I can't say I've ever encountered that particular problem. Maybe try waiting a bit and seeing if the buttons work then? I'm not really sure what would cause something like that.

Update 1:00 AM Pacific Coast Time...

;) I solved the problem with Quick Drive,,,,I did something incredibly stupid, :eek: and I know better too, confession tonight, explanation tomorrow.....It's late and brain is mush now......Off to bed, tomorrow is another day.....

Update 1:00 AM Pacific Coast Time...

;) I solved the problem with Quick Drive,,,,I did something incredibly stupid, :eek: and I know better too, confession tonight, explanation tomorrow.....It's late and brain is mush now......Off to bed, tomorrow is another day.....

Ok...to summarize, I have been merging routes since I started Nov 2014, and it has been lots of fun to put stuff together like a jigsaw and make it work.....Over the years I have learned about better ways to do with the help of The Brain Trust here, you folks, I'm grateful.

One of you told me to make sure I delete all the Trains and Cars on the Routes being merged, it was an option of course, and lots of work depending on the Route size, so I knew I needed to do it this way, as my merges usually came out great! Other than fixing some broken Tracks, Height difference and Texture blending which should be assumed when you match different routes together.

This week, I merged 10 routes together, the most I had ever done was 5, I did it because there where specific ones I wanted in my Merge, not to show off or anything like that, not my style.

:eek: What I forgot to do, and I knew better was not to delete all the trains off each of the pre merges before I started the process, and one of the Routes had 10 AI Trains in to go as well. So it locked up my Quick Drive with all the different trains on each route, I found out I had what's called PHANTOM ASSETS on the Rails, if you went into map view, you saw the name of the consist, showing, but once you zoomed in, nothing there, but the consists list said otherwise, so how do you remove this critter?

Well I found out by accident, I put a new Asset on the Track, a road engine, and slide it down the track,, it would not slide past the spot where the PHANTOM was, so if you pushed it till it stopped, the couplar arrow would disapear, and when you slid your asset back forward, the Phantom would come into view, I had passenger cars, coal cars, Engines you name it, and you could only pull one at a time, crazy huh.

:( Now some of the Phantoms, not matter what I did, Grid View or otherwise I couldn't yank them out, I physically had to pull the baseboard in that section, lucky for me, in one spot it cost me two baseboards,and I'll have to rebuild and color....

The other thing I noticed was the consist numbers where up to 5000-6000 only one consist was labeled 0 or the first one. So it was really messing with Tane Script wise.

:DSo in the end, I ran Delete Missing Assets on the Merge 10x route, and made sure I had no Consists showing at all in the Route, I saved to a new file, and I also did a Database repair. After that I opened the Route late last night, and my Quick Drive Menu works perfectly for me.....

I retrospect, I can't blame T:ANE this is strictly user error, after this I won't forget to delete all Trains off the Merge Routes again, I think I learned a very good less from that teacher called, EXPERIENCE......Any questions feel free to ask.

Relocating some tiles with Short Mountains, how and why.

Hmm, interesting how that problem came about, also interesting solution. Glad you got your problem worked out mate.

For sure, it had me going for a while, I thought I would have to remove a dozen panels of really nice Mountain and flatland areas. It was very close to that.....I don't know what made me think of Putting a Locomotive, I guess inspiration from the Trainz God overhead.....LOL At least it worked, I was a fuming mad with myself.

So I did some more tinkering in the Route today, after having the Cable Co come out and replace my old equipment and reprogram our Shows we watch.

:wave: What I ran into today, and I was aware of it 2 days ago, I had a NG Mining area (3 Baseboards) I think it might have been Dual Gauge and they didn't finish it yet from DSL.

I had stuck it near another Mountainous area, problem was NG mts were 50-100 tall, other route merge point had mts 290-320 feet high, and rather than tearing a lot of higher mts lower it was better to re situate in another part of the layout were I could feather the height difference into better area.

I moved it over to the Waldovale Australia where I have room. Lots of Flat land here, but not for long, as I'll slope it into the mts to left.

:DThis is another view and over the hill, is fantastic Scenery by whomever built this little guy, very detailed, I really like it.

Over the hill into the valley, and oh my, we had a major T:ANE merge Quake here, Tracks and Platforms in the air.....Dr Blue will reconstruct, and repair the Merge Quake damage......Just takes time.

This an over head of the NG area.........really cool layout.

Next 2 pictures are a 2 Baseboard layout, that I remodeled from Download called Brazilian Wilds if I recall correctly, was my first download on Trainz Driver 2 with IPAD. Sorry the picture isn't so good, T:ANE doesn't let me take Pictures from far up like TS-12 did....

Now that I have the Quick Drive issue squared away, I intend to go back to the Rails, and continue on Waldavale to Karra Route and see what needs fixing and changing, this merge workup is going to take several Months, if not a year or two, who knows, and when I need a brake I'll switch back and forth between the Montana-Aurora Merge Route, won't be bored that's for sure......

I'm really glad I could port over to T:ANE, yes it is different, it has it's subtle issues, with asset validation, but it handles the larger routes like this one, I never do it on TS-12

I especially like the new interlocking Control Towers for Junction control etc.

That's about it for tonight, thanks for Dropping buy folks. My hope is things I show you here will help you in whatever quest you take for the Trainz experience.

Looks like you have everything stitched up nicely Blue, now it's time for route surgery to bring it all together. Looking forward to seeing how it goes.

Using displacement maps in Topology flyout to make great Valleys, Mtn's etc!

http://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?134493-Routebuilding-tips

Above is a link to a question I had about making Mtn's and Valley terrain using Displacement Maps Tab. Pictures below show a plain Grid I added on where needed and I want to match Mountains, or Valleys it resting near. Won't be exact, but is it quick and it looks great.

Below is plain grid this is where we start, now look in the back and it literally took me 15 secs to draw those Mountains in the back with one of the map images. Now look over to left at small colored pointy hills, which one would you take between the 2?

I would take the ones in back they look way more natural...And yes the other ones are OK, but they are no good enough.

Now here is another angle look, the ones I made on the right are 2 years ago, and that's OK, I was learning how to manipulate Mountains in a tight area within a 2 piece board on day 4 of starting TS-12 and clueless since it was new to me.

Here is the Grid I did, with one long pass across 3 Boards and it came out great, now bare in mind, I already had Tracks on the Grid, and I did a quick leveling with them just for appearance, that took way more time than mountain making.

So take some spare Base Boards and fool around with the different Displacement maps, and see what you can create, I think you'll be both surprised and happy at how it works out, then think of the areas you can use these tools in the route your building etc. I know it will be great for my needs because I have several areas that need this type tool.

Now look at the open area between the 2 mountain groups and notice I drew it close but left narrow area Tracks could be dropped in easily, of course I might raise the tracks and to mold them into the mountains with auto level tool......This is just for testing the tool and how it works for me, I didn't save the Session, I just wanted to experiment to see how it would look, and it will take a lot more testing the different displacement maps in Topology advanced tab. But I agree with JCitron this is a great tool building Mtns, Valleys, Walls, even has a Volcano one, I have to try that one in a special section of my layout.....

Now here's another view off existing merged route that is finished (another Route Builder not mine), and I just drew all these Mountains to add a nice far away Mountain view coming into this route, it's rough, I have a V section that needs blending into the mountains off this valley ridge.

We move further away from the mountains here........

Now this is different here, I took a different displacement map, used low sensitivity setting on ?Right Control dial, and raised the ground for rolling hills effect, to match the Tile in the distance, and it worked great! Time to draw this after couple of test and undo commands, Ctrl Z key, 3 mins tops....Color it with matching color from other Texture match, 1 min tops using fill Grid command.

So this is my lesson for today.....If you have any questions, please, by all means post them here, I'm happy to answer, if I don't know I'll tell you that too. Thanks for dropping in today..........

Last edited:
Layout from 2 years ago, able to import and replace with current one

:wave: Good morning all, when I started with Trainz couple of years back I played with the Australian layouts off DSL, Outback, Waldovale, and British Midlands, I had merged 3-4 together, and made some loop back tracks, changed the Waterways etc. It was a lot of work and time, because I had backed it up on the DSL, I noticed on Content Manager (CM), that it was available for download, which I didn't expect it would work. But it did, so I cut out what I had in this new 10x Layout merge, and pasted in the my old layout from 2 years ago. Of course this time I purged all the Train consists, there was only 5, and I re deleted any missing assets on both pre merge Layouts, backed them up to Temp unique names. And then did the merge.....Result, it will save me lots of time rebuilding 50 miles or more of Main Line Loop back on the routes, and connection points.

Now the Picture below looks a little funny, this is because I had to brace the Layout together with a temp connecting piece of Base Boards from where I cut out the current Waldovale route, and where my old one will merge in,,,,,,These Grey Grids will be removed after the Merge most likely once I make sure everything works. The only thing I ended up with was some broken Tracks near merge points, no biggy.....Used to that and easily fixable now!

:eek: Now like before, this is Ipad Driver 2 layout, and like TS-12 stuff, my Bridge is out of whack when Imported this into T:ANE, so I need to re-level, but from what I've learned in route building, I'll probably take it out and run the Tracks leveled in the ground instead.

Below is overhead of Tunnel that was made by someone else, I'm going to lengthen the Tunnel for my interest, I think the hill will look better for my tastes.

:confused: I probably move the Tunnel forward here towards us 1/2 way, I on other side I don't know yet how far I'll move it, but the Tunnel will length will be at least 2x longer or more?

I created this Pond 2 yrs ago, in the back is Trainz Blue Planet that I think came with Kick starter Routes in this Version of T:ANE SP-1, I don't know anymore about this consist. He is stopped for few minutes while some switching off the main with another train clears up.

Another picture of him looking out over the Aussie Country Side, this is a beautiful route, it lot of single main line with Passing Sidings and several Industry's dotted here and there. Has Dockyard for Container Traffic, Etc.

So lots to do as I continue to review my 10x Merge....

I leave to Arizona to handle some work on Fathers Estate, he passed the year before so I may not post daily, depends if I can get Internet where I'm staying.

Have a great weekend all, thanks for Dropping in.

Good Sunday Day all,

Well over on this side of the Pond, California, we slip back into Winter daylight savings time, we got an hour more of sleep, and some of us awoke on normal time....So since I'm up early, thought I'd post the latest pictures for you.

Interesting night, I figured my Daytime Colors now In T:ANE, I use old Sky and most of the colors on the RGB are set low, so now my viewing distant is great, but like anything, there is a price to pay, unfortunately when you look across the land, you see the open spaces of the Tiles to the far off part of the layout!.

Means I have to raise all the edges of my Tile, with exception of the British parts of the Route, they were already done that way, so you can't see over the edges, and on this part, the other side is Ocean, and that is why they are 1-2 tiles of Water, now I learned something new.

Speaking of Water, I also found out by accident, that raising an lowering the water is not the same in T:ANE as it is in TS-12,,,,you would use the Thumb wheel in TS:12, and here you Left Click on the mouse and Drag up to Raise, Drag down to lower you water, I had to search it in the Forum and Web to find out what was wrong.........

Also another thing I did was extend my Water ways between Merge points on the route, they never look good cut off, it looks unnatural to me, so I like to have as many water ways connected as possible. Below is the area I started working on raising the Mountains and cutting new waterways.

Now in this one you can see the problem I faced, from the Rail Bridge on the Left, you have a perfect view of the open are, no tiles, and see the ugly gray on (red Arrows) on the right, of course I'm being picky here. But if I can improve it, I would like too.

Of course I could drop and connect with more Tiles, but that hurts my video with excess Tiles, so If I can keep my Tile Count down, video performance, just like LOD, improves overall.

Yellow Arrows is where I raise the land to block out view from across open spaces.

Black Arrow is where I cut the new Waterway to White arrow.

This Bridge which I dropped in 2 years ago, this was my first major merge, I was new to Trainz, so I'm going to rip it out and relay a different loop back main to the other section of these tiles, actually it will follow the base of the new mountains in edge of the Tile, will work perfectly.

Here is another great view now that I got colors the way I envisioned, all those mts in the baack ground were built last night, you can't see any open spaces now, it was about 30-40 miles worth......I think it was worth it? This area below is Cape Cove Route I merged and there is a height difference over the edge here......I might just Rock it out Texture wise so I don't have to adjust the ground so much?

Nice view here of the mountain area, colors are basic, I just saturated it with one or 2 shades of green doing a quick Grid fill....I have to go back and put in more texture colors, some trees, weeds etc....So this is just roughed in.

Another view with a passing Freight Train here. Look at the distance you can see here........Amazing in T:ANE .....that's why I dropped out from TS-12...........And I also understand it TS-12 and and older versions work for certain things Route Builders and Creators are trying to do, it is different in this version, that's understood by me......Definitely a learning curve here, but worth it......

And of course a close up with our spiffy Cars............I like what are Creators make,,,,,,amazing.....Going to the Grand Kids house today.....See you later...Take care and thanks for coming by.
4663cbe0096df4646650b8432f33763c.png

Water will always seek it's own level.....

Afternoon all, Grand kids are asleep for a bit, now I can post some more,

Cloud setting is OLD SKY one and I really like it, I will experiment with some other SKY settings once I get more comfortable in T:ANE!

Today I started cutting more major Water Ways between Vale and Aussie side route merge points, and when the waters connected, Aussie side was about 5 feet lower than the Brits. So that meant I had to decide which would be less work to adjust, the Aussie side had a few less buildings, and some more open areas that I could adjust overall.

Right on the other side of the Rail Bridge over water is where I widened the canals and joined them up, now the water continues here, and I raised the Aussie side 5-9 feet in some areas, including the town on the left. Had to adjust large sections of the mainline, but since it just took a fixed Spline height, I Set it and ran with it, then small leveling where I ended up in rolling hills spots.

Side view here looking out from Cape Cove side, and I also adjusted the 30 foot height difference Cape and Waldavale Routes in this section below.

All the land in this side all the way up too upper right side of Picture was raised and adjusted.

Now this is the upper side of the previous picture, looking down, way in back middle upper section is Cape Cove, and it juts out to Right a bit, I also added 4 tiles of Ocean to the right, so when you look from the mainland out, you can't see the Drop off point now. Like a Horizon view you'd expect looking out over a body of water like this.....

This section here shows a passenger sitting for minute, if you look at the Land height here it shows 9 feet height at the Coastline.

This is center section of Waldovale Route I have a small land mass that comes across, I haven't figured if I'll run a Spur off the main line or not.

So far things are coming together, I ripped out the long Stone Land Bridge in the back loop return route that runs just at the base of large mountains you see in the background. I just use small stubs of it when I cross the Rivers. It looks a heck of lot better than what I had.

Since I got the waters leveled out (water seeks it's own level) now I need to go through this whole section of Waldavale and check for Switch or broken connections along with any Grade issues from moving the height of all the land...Need to finish the rest of the loop back rout back to another section it connects too, either Highland, or Country merge sections.

Oh and maybe it just me, but this water sure looks a lot better in T:ANE I think than TS-12......

That's it for now, I'm on the Road all day tomorrow, so I probably will be too tired to post anything after 600 Miles of Driving.

Thanks for dropping by folks.

Last edited:
Back