Small town layout (one board)

hotgrove

A very basic tram and bus layout set on one board.

Two simple tram routes and a single bus route.

Content has been well covered but i could only use what i had available.

Average spec laptop means screenshots won't be the best quality.....however.....

2hwipfd.jpg

wryg0p.jpg

124io0h.jpg

am8w11.jpg

5n83yu.jpg

a09gkh.jpg

2cekb49.jpg

jpa8u1.jpg

1oufb7.jpg

rwkuuc.jpg

Last edited:
That looks really well done, mate. Kudos!! ;) I love when people showcase what can be done in just one or two boards.

Nice to see a different theme or two in the Screenshots Forum too.

kehnpe.jpg

Tks for the kind words forest....since i actually managed to finish something i thought i would stick them up on a seperate thread.

Hope it was ok to do this.

e892c6.jpg

23htzdx.jpg

4420o.jpg

15p5ohd.jpg

288nos2.jpg

3y0eb.jpg

102m4k3.jpg

qmz5zq.jpg

154fyap.jpg

Last edited:
nice

Very beautiful and well done layout remember´s me the Sim City but this is much bather congratulations.:)
arraial

Wow! Very well done, and I'm sure a few lessons could be learned from studying it in detail.

Just wondering, there's no heavy rail interface, why? A fair amount of time could be killed running the bus and trams on a circuit while an electrified suburban railway runs by every 5-10 minutes, with the odd freight mixed in, from portal to portal.

Still, well done. I hate to ask, and sound like a gimmie-pig in doing so, but would you make this available? I see a few things i want to study in detail, not to mention experiment with the above heavy rail idea.

Matt.

tks mattm....i planned to do something along those lines but the space on one board was challenging......i honestly never knew where this route was going.....there are errors i missed in surveyor but noticed in driver.

I'm really a rank novice and wouldn't know what to do with a portal :(

The traffic needs improving....don't have the dependencies to run it properly....that's beyond my capabilities anyway.

Paulzmay has set a benchmark for light rail.....his work is superb....if it's worth making available i will.....this basic set up is open to improvement....cheers.

rcircz.jpg

1z334bc.jpg

v62hiu.jpg

2zrkmmg.jpg

1o9ml4.jpg

3038w81.jpg

2wcibub.jpg

16lbx1.jpg

aabry9.jpg

Last edited:
Don't worry about the laptop resolution mate, I play trainz on my laptop and also take screenies on my laptop, making sure I have cranked up the detail, ready for the snapshot. It looks awesome. If it comes out, I will be testing it by using my 0-4-0 locos and my NS SIK 265. Believe me, 0-4-0 steam trains can handle corners designed for trams.

Mate, I love it, the more I see, the more I want to download.:D:D

Please??

:udrool::udrool:

Matt.

PHEW....the end......i need a beer.

thanks for that link zieba.....i really need more trams.....appreciated.

mattm and Paul......i'm a techno thickie.....do i release as a cdp ?

It really is very basic.

same pavement and street lighting throughout......same traffic lights throughout.....no traffic control.....no rail junctions.....bus route is merely added feature.....trams occasionally pass through each other :(

I run 3 trams in one direction....3 in another......3 buses.....sit back and watch....switching from driver to driver......FPS not too clever on my laptop but half decent desktop should run it ok.

Would like to see somebody take it and "fix it".......cheers.

Thanks for the other comments.

Last edited:
PHEW....the end......i need a beer.

mattm and Paul......i'm a techno thickie.....do i release as a cdp ?

Hotgrove,

Would love to see this released. If you need help with uploading, PM me.

Glad to run you through it.

Matt.

Back