Setting Water Level?

boleyd

I assume that clicking on the little blue +_ in the command's icon that you are in a water level setting mode. Then if you point to water the mouse roller will adjust the level of the "universal" water. I had this work awhile ago but now there is no level change. All the Wiki says is how to create water.

If your doing it in Surveyor 1.0, then you click Adjust Height, then click on the water and move the mouse up or down, just like adjusting the height of a building. Pressing the Ctrl key while doing it gets you finer increments/ If it's 2.0, then I'm not there yet.

I assume that clicking on the little blue +_ in the command's icon that you are in a water level setting mode. Then if you point to water the mouse roller will adjust the level of the "universal" water. I had this work awhile ago but now there is no level change. All the Wiki says is how to create water.

In surveyor 2.0 you need to create a TurfFx. Underneath the name there is a text box with a right and left arrows to choose an effect. Click the right arrow until you hit water. There also is Legacy Water that I'm not sure what it's for so I just use water. Underneath Height Binding there is a default value. Next to the 3 1/2 floppy save icon on the right side of the dialog box there is an arrow and that expands the dialog box. The default is set to 0 but you will want to lower it to below 0. Otherwise water will show up on new baseboards that are set to zero for height

If you want to set the water to a different height you can use height up to make the height go up, height down to make it go down. Set height in the height textbox and it will be flat. grade deletes the water
Make sure water is set in the top combo box under the the tool icons

Thanks for the info.. I will probably never use the 2.0 graphics suite and prefer the old stuff. Made adjustments there and now global warming is under control....

Back