Tips for Trainz 2022PE Surveyor Classic

sw1500

Setting track object's trigger radius.

Open Tab: Tracks

Open the Trackmark Mode

At the bottom is the advanced button.

This is where you can set the trigger radius for many track objects.

The left most button will give you the current trigger radius when you click on the object.

To change the radius type in the desired value then click on the button to the right. Next click on the object that you want to apply this radius too.

The right most button allows you to adjust the radius manually by dragging the mouse up to increase or down to decrease the radius.

Other than for signals this can be used for most track object that interacts with a train.

Yup do it all the time with switches in yards so I don't have to stop 79 feet from the switch when switching.

I skipped from Trainz 2010 to Trainz 2022 so I do not know if this tip is true for TANE or Trainz 2019 or just new for Trainz 2022.

You can now change junction direction state while editing the session layer without effecting the junction direction for the route.

For an example on how this could be used, I am creating a tour with the Blue Comet consist on one of my own routes. In Trainz 2010 I would have given the driver the commands: Drive Via Trackmark "track 1", Drive Via trackmark "Enter Main 1" etc. or instead use the switch junctions rule so that the driver would not need to change the junctions themselves

Now in Classic Surveyor I can preset junctions for the session only by simply chanhing the juction direction while in the session layer. In the past when you click on the junction to change it's direction it did not matter if you were in route layer or session layer the junction would be altered in the route layer.

I skipped from Trainz 2010 to Trainz 2022 so I do not know if this tip is true for TANE or Trainz 2019 or just new for Trainz 2022.

You can now change junction direction state while editing the session layer without effecting the junction direction for the route.

For an example on how this could be used, I am creating a tour with the Blue Comet consist on one of my own routes. In Trainz 2010 I would have given the driver the commands: Drive Via Trackmark "track 1", Drive Via trackmark "Enter Main 1" etc. or instead use the switch junctions rule so that the driver would not need to change the junctions themselves

Now in Classic Surveyor I can preset junctions for the session only by simply chanhing the juction direction while in the session layer. In the past when you click on the junction to change it's direction it did not matter if you were in route layer or session layer the junction would be altered in the route layer.
It's still the same. There's a lot of different things with TANE on up, but 99.99999% of the stuff is still the same as before. In some ways, there's a lot of bolted on bits sitting on top of the old like an old house with new siding.

Back