Coming to grief S2.0

valbridge

Rail Tragic
I just cannot get this water thing right....I add a scrapbook item into a blank space and the whole map floods!!!!!!! Why is that? I attempt to adjust water height down to -20 [extreme yes] but with little or no effect in eliminating flooded areas. I raise ground level by 0.10 which sometimes eradicates the water...not always. Lowering ground level often displays water when it is not wanted. Can someone tell me just how to get this right. I am almost at the point of ditching monthly payment.

Cheers,
Val.

Did the scrapbook items also contain the water Layer? Do you now have two water layers, Your original and one that may have arrived with the scrapbook? If so delete the extra layer.

Did the scrapbook items also contain the water Layer? Do you now have two water layers, Your original and one that may have arrived with the scrapbook? If so delete the extra layer.
Well stagecoach something is going on. I place scrapbook item and map floods....remove said item and flooding disappears. My guess therefore is perhaps they a contain water layer tho' I never placed water to scrapbook items when creating them. I have uploaded these scrapbook items to the DLS and no reports have come back with this issue. On looking over water layers I found I had two..so deleted one and now just left with 'legacy' water layer. Could this layer be the problem I wonder?

Water Effect Layers cover the entire route, not like the Legacy Water which only appears where it is painted.

When you create a Scrapbook it "vacuums up" everything in the area selected - ground heights, textures, effect layers plus the objects. So if a Water Effect Layer was in the route then it would also be in the Scrapbook.

I had a similar issue with a map but I found that "painting" down the height of the water in the unwanted areas got rid of it. I think it was the Reduce Height option if I remember correctly

Another solution is to uncheck the Effect Layers option in the Scrapbook Filters before you paint or paste a scrapbook - but this will eliminate all Effect Layers from the painted/pasted scrapbook.

Water Effect Layers cover the entire route, not like the Legacy Water which only appears where it is painted.

When you create a Scrapbook it "vacuums up" everything in the area selected - ground heights, textures, effect layers plus the objects. So if a Water Effect Layer was in the route then it would also be in the Scrapbook.
Never knew that about layers and scrapbooks....tnx pware. Always learning aren't we.

Back