Water Questions - Again

Paul_Bert

Train Enthusiast
I'm trying to learn how to work with the new water layer in S2.

I have figured out somewhat how to change the watercolor using the sky preview setting. The issue for me here is that it also changes the sky coloring.

But the thing I can't get to work is trying to change the water effects from calm to ripple and all the other options. I go into the Environment setting and the water setting where all the different settings are shown. However, clicking on the various settings have no effect on the water. Am I missing something here?

I like the way the classic setting handled the water, however I see that the new HD version will require you to use the Layered version of water.
I hope that the water feature is improved before we are forced to use it.

The new water is an effect layer. You edit it from the effect layer palette where it is listed after you add it. Sorry, I don't have access to S2 at the moment or I would show you a picture.

Choose which type of water effect you wish to use in by changing the Water Asset in the Advanced settings.
Open the water effect layer and expand it by clicking on the advance wheel (bottom right).

Back