saving layouts

Kholland24

Where do layouts that you build in Surveyor mode get saved?

I recently had a hard drive failure and had to replace mine, but I am able to access old HD to get files, but I cannot seem to find a file with name my son used to save his layout. Any ideas where I might look for this?

Thanks

Kevin

Depends on which version of Trainz you're using. If you're using TRS2006 or later, with the advent of CMP, the file will be compressed and labled with a gibberish-sounding ID, and stored in the "Local" folder. You wouldn't be able to manually identify it without going thru CMP. Or, I should say I don't know how to manually identify it. Maybe someone else can come up with a trick for that. If you could some way identify the file, you could open CMP and "import content" against that file and put it back in the active Local folder.

Local Folder-Routes

I too was wondering this, in TRS2006 I opened up each individual folder in local but I counld not find any of the routes. Are they someplace else ?

Are they someplace else ?

Nope, they are in 'Local'. With their gibberish encrypted folder name it is hard to find assets with a manual search of the 'Local' folder. On the assumption that a current route was worked on recently, right click anywhere on the background of the Explorer window and select 'Arrange Icons - Date Modified' then work back from the bottom of the list opening each folder in turn. You still can't read the compressed config, but the file names will give it away...

Andy ;)

Last edited:
Back