Routes by Deadpool. (large shots)

Deadpool, man you work fast! Does it lag up your CPU much?
i have a pretty built PC so i really cant tell.
Still, you should do some sorta "Bob Ross" style tutorials on how you get such GREAT looking flora in your scenery.
I'm not they tutorial type of guy, sorry.

eb7565c1969dfede4a6188f819369429.jpg
eb3b1456f4798112cbf585e22657a729.jpg
b6686ed586c22d32e43b8649c4258031.jpg
d6bfb9b8d4fd31153f1d9e71d009eb5c.jpg
1f4c768484e644641e4427d72ee0af7c.jpg

ya deadpool you just have a very artistic skill that alot of people don't have, i wish i had that skill in me, i sit for awhile guessing what looks right on the route i am building and will never get it as good as your work, i am looking forward to running your route when its done.

ya deadpool you just have a very artistic skill that alot of people don't have, i wish i had that skill in me, i sit for awhile guessing what looks right on the route i am building and will never get it as good as your work, i am looking forward to running your route when its done.
thank you, but dont give up, it just takes a lot of practice.

The route is looking amazing deadpool! You have alot of skill, and you you is well. Somehow these screenshots remind me of the line that goes to Gettysbutg, when your near Oxford (I cant quite remember its name), I found that area one of my favorite places in Pennsylvania besides Gettysburg.
I have to ask what grass you are using that has the blue buds at that top, Ive been looking like somthing like that for my heartland route.
Thanks,
-Montanawestren

Looks like this far hills are covered with trees. If I do that on one of my routes the frame rate plumets.... but that's with speedtrees, is that what you use for the distant scenery or something else (and if so, what?)

Hrmmm.... maybe need to test some more. Just today I was getting single digit FPS on Midwest Grain... until I moved the Anisotropy slider. Not changed it, moved it... moved it to 1 great FPS, back to 4, still got great FPS, up to 16 (never had it there) still the same great FPS... weird.

Hrmmm.... maybe need to test some more. Just today I was getting single digit FPS on Midwest Grain... until I moved the Anisotropy slider. Not changed it, moved it... moved it to 1 great FPS, back to 4, still got good FPS... weird.
yeah sorry to say it but im afraid its time for a PC upgrade, I upgraded mine a year ago and it was totally worth it, I run with my graphics maxed out

That's what gets me though - it's 2.8ghz Athlon II quad core, and a GTX 550Ti. Not bleeding edge, but (I don't think) that bad... The old rub is that I'm running Windows XP 32bit, and I wonder how much I'm choking it with that OS. OTOH, does it really matter since Trainz is 32bit? :confused:

Nothing would motivate change like your routes tho' - Back a bit you posted a real photo and I had to double take to be sure it wasn't your route! :D

Frogpipe, with your specifications you should be getting very smooth performance. Are you sure there are no bottlenecks elsewhere such as a congested drive, insufficient memory or running background programs? OS is not an issue, XP or 7. In fact, for the some tasks XP may be better than 7 as it uses less resources. My XP home server idles at around 700mb memory usage, while Win7 gobbles up a whopping 1.2gb.

Justin, excellent shots as usual. I'm also curious, why does it look like someone took a bite off the nose of that SD45?

I can awnser that. that is not an SD45 but an SDP45. It looks as if the nose is missing as with the SDP45, they had no room for the brakewheel if it would have been placed in the same spot as a regular SD45. It had to move forward and take a portion of the nose with it. It gives the SDP45 a very distinct look along with the space behind the rear radiator, where a steam generator could be placed.

Frogpipe, with your specifications you should be getting very smooth performance. Are you sure there are no bottlenecks elsewhere such as a congested drive, insufficient memory or running background programs? OS is not an issue, XP or 7. In fact, for the some tasks XP may be better than 7 as it uses less resources. My XP home server idles at around 700mb memory usage, while Win7 gobbles up a whopping 1.2gb.

Justin, excellent shots as usual. I'm also curious, why does it look like someone took a bite off the nose of that SD45?

well as far as i know its a SDP45 its longer than a normal sd45 and it has a steam generator for passenger service. but EL bought them for the longer bigger fuel tank.
but the notch in the nose appears to have ha hand brake in the indent.. so that's my answer....handbrake..

Hi snaps and Justin,

Thanks for the info tidbit. I googled Erie Lackawanna 3642 and found more photos of this unique engine.

Cheerio,
Nicholas

Back