1958 or 1980?

You almost described the Maryland Midland Railway. Have you considered the mid to late 1960's? Fewer minority builders, more available stuff. It seems that may be a good compromise for you.

The GP7/GP9 that is pictured is Josh Harvey's model. It dates from about mid-2002. Yes, it is old. Sandy Gervais made a much better model that I have used since it came out in about 2004.

CS9048GP9.jpg

NYSW1804.jpg

I have since standardized on different trucks (second pic) for it than it came with (first pic). It is available with either high or low nose and with or without dynamic brakes. It's rather easy to work with when reskinning, too.

Someone else made an SD9 aside from VMD's model, though it is way too tall.
Here
Here 2

But it's available - in BN, BNSF, SP, and a low nose, non-dynamic brake-equipped version for Codelco. I have tinkered with it a bit, reskinning it for C&IM, B&O, B&LE, and Cincinnati Southern, but the height issue bothers me.

Yes, the NW2's I have made are Auran's Paint Shed SW7. Cutting the front radiator in half in the main.bmp file is nearly the only difference. Pre-WWII NW2's had larger windows at the front of the cab, a secondary taper as the hood joined the cab, and shorter exhaust stacks. Most of those engines were "upgraded" by having these things changed to match postwar NW2's. Someone made a nice NW2 for TRS2006 in EJ&E paint. I made a B&O version, but it's TRS2006 so I cannot run it. Maybe it could be converted...

Since SW7's are very similar, would they do? They look better with Randy White's AAR truck. I'd like to see someone make a better model with a calf so I can do justice to C&O's TR3 and TR4 herds!

I thought Mark Hoffman's RS3 and S2/S4 switchers were still pretty good. I'm tired of Auran's Alco engine sound and am waiting for someone to make a better one. Alcos should get louder as they throttle up, not quieter.

What we really need is USRA Mikes and Van Sweringen 2-8-4's. :hehe:

I thought of an engine today that really needs to be redone. The RS1. Josh Harvey made it way back in 2002. It was one of the first custom engines for Trainz. It's very boxy. Compare with Mark Hoffman's Alco switcher. Mark did a great job capturing the curve of the top of the Alco hood. The RS1 doesn't mirror this and it should.

Back