Remember our Veterans worldwide...

aardvark1

Senior Citizen Member
Today, 11/11/11 is Veterans Day in the USA and many other countries around the world.

Please let us honor all those who gave their lives for us, those who are still with us and those who are still serving their respective countries.

We must not forget them.

Yes, I served my country in the USAF in the 60's.

With respect and honor to all,

We will never forget our heroes,

Thank you Aardvark1 for this really thoughtful thread, it makes us realise how lucky we really are.

Joe Airtime
poppy_red_42.gif

Last edited:
Made a facebook pic for my family for today;

319657_271960616181559_100001028687859_794955_702071335_n.jpg

I'm celebrating this one like crazy, because my oldest son just got promoted to Command Sergeant Major, highest enlisted rank in the US Army. :cool:

My employer held a ceremony this morning to honor those that have served in the military. I've worked for this company for twenty years and this was the first time they've staged such an event. At first I felt the normal cynical response to almost anything a business tries to do in the vein of attempting to appear as if they care about anything other than how much money their employees can make for them. Secondly I was surprised that out of a department of sixty to eighty workers, only two others beside myself had served. Lastly, after making a joking comment about having to carry my bouquet of flowers outside to my car my manager told me that "I should be proud".

He's right, and I was. I don't think much about those years anymore, and I don't "wear" my service like some do, but it was nice to be thanked and appreciated.

USN, Hospital Corpsman 2nd Class, the finest years of my life.

Thank you all for your service, sacrifice and dedication to this great nation.

Thanks all!

Being a retired Army veteran (MSG/E8 - Jan 1972-Jul 1993) thanks all for remembering us!

I too am retired Navy and very proud to have served..Yeoman 2nd class..Lets all give thanks to this day..

My local hot dog and beer joint bought me a fre beer today cuz they know I spent 10 years in the USCG. Nice to be appreciated.

Thanks Ya'll.

Ben

My Grandfather flew the SR-71, my Step-Grandfather served on a troop transport in the Pacific, My uncle was in the gulf on an Assault-Helicopter Carrier, my other uncle was in the Marines, and i've had two or three members of my family in the Air Force (Dad included). On days like this, i have to be thankful for what they have done...my Step-Grandad's ship nearly got a hull-full of Japanese Kamikaze off Okinawa.

Thank you, all of you, for your service. We are truly greatful for what you have done for us.

Thanks to all who remembered, and expressed their gratitude.

The local Applebee's was packed with vets at lunch today, even a couple of WWII guys. My thanks to Applebee's, and other local establishments, for their kindness.

Military service in my family goes back to the Civil War days. I have a commemorative area in my yard with markers for some of them...I will try to get a pic of it up.

My brother-in-law, combat veteran of WWII and Korea, recently passed away...92 years of age, sharp as a tack...head injury from a fall in the garage.

My thanks to all of you who have served, regardless of branch.

Regards:

JohnMac
(Sgt, USAF, 1965-1971)

Forgot to mention...the tradition will continue...

One of my daughters will graduate from the Citadel next spring, then is already posted to the Surface Warface Intelligence course.

As of now, she vows to make a career of it.

Regards:

JohnMac

Thanks to all for the wishes, and Thank You to all my Brothers and Sisters In Arms!

Chris

Petty Officer First Class, USN.
ET1(SW)
USS Belknap CG26
USS Peterson DD969
NAS Willow Grove PA
Comdesron 2

"NAS Willow Grove PA"? I was there from late 79 to early 82 with HS75! :cool:

50268_42168149658_8085592_n.jpg

Also;
USS INDEPENDENCE
USS AMERICA
NAS NORFOLK, VA
NAS LAKEHURST, NJ
NAS JACKSONVILLE, FL

Assorted schools;
NTC SAN DIEGO, CA
NAS NORTH ISLAND, CA
NAS MEMPHIS, TN

Last edited:
Ed...thanks for the compliment! I share your view about the paucity of posts. Perhaps most current Trainzers are much younger than you and I, and don't view service in the same light.

It was a good day for me...at least no one spit on me, as happened in the 60's.

Reviewing the pix, looks like it is time for a little re-alignment and clean-up. Guess I'd best stop mowing with the steering wheel in one hand, and a barley soda in the other.

I have always felt it was an honor and a privilege to serve. After my AF service, the GI Bill put me thru college, and medical school....so I was more than amply rewarded.

Retired now, after 30 yrs as an anesthesiologist. Life is good...and thanks to Uncle Sam for the help!

Regards:

JohnMac

"NAS Willow Grove PA"? I was there from late 79 to early 82 with HS75! :cool:

50268_42168149658_8085592_n.jpg

Also;
USS INDEPENDENCE
USS AMERICA
NAS NORFOLK, VA
NAS LAKEHURST, NJ
NAS JACKSONVILLE, FL

Assorted schools;
NTC SAN DIEGO, CA
NAS NORTH ISLAND, CA
NAS MEMPHIS, TN

I was there from 91 til 94... Ground Electronics. I took cars of the PAR radar. My little red and white dog house!

I remember a quote from PT-109
Permission to man the 37 MM Permission Granted,Permisson to man the 50CALX2,Permission Granted
Permission to man the tank.. Permission Granted :hehe:

But remember our vets.. !!

Great pictures amigacooke. We always put on great ceremonial and somehow Remembrance Sunday and the 11th seem more noted these days? Quite right too.

Back