reinstall purchased

dstelley

So I reinstalled TS12, upgraded all SP's and hot patches and imported my current favorite routes and sessions that I had previously exported

Unfortunately these included DLC content. Those assets came in with errors. (ocemy's NKP high speed freight etc..)

I started the game and allowed those assets to re-download and install. They too came in as warnings (installed in multiple locations)

I'd kind of like to delete these pay-ware assets, and re-download (DLC) naturally if possible. Is that possible? If so, how?

Thanks in advance.

I'd kind of like to delete these pay-ware assets, and re-download (DLC) naturally if possible. Is that possible? If so, how?

From memory, N3V give you 10 downloads of each DLC set you have purchased. So downloading replacement content should not be an issue - but await confirmation from others before doing this.

Further to the above, since no-one else has jumped in, I am not sure if reinstalling TS12 will delete all the DLC you had installed. But, assuming this is the case, then you simply start Trainz from the Launcher.

The downloading of your DLC should start automatically assuming you have an active Internet connection. If not then on the opening screen where you are given the options of Driver, Surveyor, Tutorials, etc, etc go to the Menu (top left corner) and select Options. In the General section (usually the first one that opens) make sure the the option to automatically download DLC updates has been ticked.

If you have a lot of purchased DLC then it will take some time and burn up some of your ISP download allowance if applicable.

From memory, N3V give you 10 downloads of each DLC set you have purchased. So downloading replacement content should not be an issue - but await confirmation from others before doing this.
That is only directly from Simulator Central. The in-game DLC system has no redownload limit.

And if, for whatever reason, you should require the Simulator Central 10 download limit to be reset, perhaps because of continually failing downloads, then a quick Helpdesk ticket will sort things out.

Kieran.

Luckily after hot patching and going through the (update database) portion I backed up the install so I would always have a fresh install on deck.

I restored that backup and started trainz before importing content.

Now all the in game downloads are coming through. Assuming they install correctly, I will again back up the game so I will have another version. Then I will reimport content and see where that goes.

I'll post the results.

Back