Realistic cars

wiggy1

I dont understand my name
I know this isn't a streetcar simulator but surely it would be possible to programme working intersections, in which cars stop at traffic lights that have simple sequences? So that they didnt all crash into each other. Or are there any on the download station?

Also why in trs2010 can only 'scenery-trackside' items drive on the roads? I've spent ages trying to programme any of my vehicles so that they are scenery-trackside items, but have been unsuccessful. The carz cars that are progammed to do so could atleast not be of such low visual quality.

These concern me because i'm working on a mega-awesome tram route that is set on the roads in the city. It actually sucks but i like it :D

Search the forums for ATLS. It is exactly what you are looking for. Besides the trams and traffic lights, it does level crossings too, and BNSF50's crossing elements are great.

bnsf50's crossings appear to be mostly for the U. S. For you British users, adrian19 (if I remember correctly) has a great range of British ATLS crossing components that I like that are on the DLS.

Also, if you modify any road with carz on it to change the value of the "istrack" field in that road's config.txt file from 0 to 1, then you will be able to place trackside objects on the road, such as junction levers, which enables you to change the direction at road junctions that the carz will follow. Combine this with an object that can automatically flip a junction lever (such as the AJS Traffic Controller on the DLS), and MiZi's Junction Link (also on the DLS), you can have intersections where the direction that the carz turn is nearly random. Now, go get Brook's excellent British age-of-steam vehicles on the DLS, the "traffic" versions of which have working headlights and sounds, and you can have a very realistic traffic system in Trainz versions as early as TRS2004 (which I use). ;)

Regards.

Thanks ;D still functioning the atls but i will get it to work, and i see why youre still with trs2004, the days when stuff actually worked

Back