Looking for good roads

kevint1701

Hello all,
First, if this is a topic that's been discussed elsewhere, please direct me there and I'll delete this.
I'm looking for a good set of US roads. YARN has been working enough for a while, but the main issue I have with it is that the height of the roads on the intersections are too tall for railroad crossings (tracks go under the road) so there's a lot of awkward transitions. Previously, I used Road 2l No Carz 01, but that doesn't provide variety. All the other roads I've found are either too tall, float off the ground, or have other problems. What roads do you guys use? Thanks.

One option is to lower the road spline crossing the tracks until the rails show through. That looks surprisingly legit for a crossing. EDIT: Beyond that, it is hard to recommend specific assets without knowing your version of Trainz. You may want to contact the help desk to get yours registered.

Last edited:
I finally contacted the helpdesk last night, hopefully they help with that. Until then, I'll try height adjustment.

Another thing I found related to this, Kevin is don't fix the height of the roads unless you have to. Just place them on the surface but don't smooth the height by adjusting the spline points. What this will do is allow the road to remain on the ground and not float above which occurs when the road goes over the tracks in ATLS setups.

There is, however, an issue with YARN-ish roads. These were created using a different method than the older YARN roads which causes the YARN-ish roads to remain at a fixed height. When you connect to the premade road intersections and rail crossings that are YARN compatible, the YARN-ish roads will go right on top of them.

Back