RE: TC3 search icon added on the DLS

AHSAN

IberTrainz Group
RE: TC3 search icon added on the DLS

Hello

Just let everyone know a TC3 search icon has been added on the DLS, you now can search TC3 content by ticking the wee small square box on the DLS.

Regards

Ahsan:)

Hello

Just let everyone know a TC3 search icon has been added on the DLS, you now can search TC3 content by ticking the wee small square box on the DLS.

Regards

Well at least you can see it now. Before the tick box it was only available via CMP.

Cheerio John

John
Have you used any of the new TC3 tags? Such as the bogie tags, or what have you?

As, at this stage, it seems that uploading anything with the new TC3 tags is impossible, since the DLS is rejecting every one of my TC3 steam loco's tags.

Zec

John I just had a look at DS and they seem to be your content of wagons. Click pack just shows an empty pack....... That is using ftp as I don't use cmp to download. Also on dial up etc as you know so maybe thats the cause.....
.... may try one of my Blender xml exported items like Conway castle and see if it will upload as TC3 only, with 2009 compatible version in mind...............Barry

Last edited:
John I just had a look at DS and they seem to be your content of wagons. Click pack just shows an empty pack....... That is using ftp as I don't use cmp to download. Also on dial up etc as you know so maybe thats the cause.....
.... may try one of my Blender xml exported items like Conway castle and see if it will upload as TC3 only, with 2009 compatible version in mind...............Barry

I haven't worked out how to upload items as a pack. These days with CMP I think it's quite easy to just group them and download them together. Have you tried using cmp to download? I should think it should work over dial up.

Over here people seem to be dropping dial up phones and just using Skype with dial in phone number plus sometimes a mobile. I think my mobile costs $10 a month whilst a land line costs $35 - $40 per month. My sort of one up from basic Internet broadband internet costs $35 a month.

Skype comes with voice mail so the computer doesn't have to be on all the time. Nice thing for me is my hearing isn't as good as it used to be so the two earpiece headset helps plus the voice quality is much better.

Cheerio John

John
Have you used any of the new TC3 tags? Such as the bogie tags, or what have you?

As, at this stage, it seems that uploading anything with the new TC3 tags is impossible, since the DLS is rejecting every one of my TC3 steam loco's tags.

Zec

No the reasons my latest items are TC3 versioned are first if you have TC3 then you can be sure it will be error free, second they use axle boxes etc. from TC3 built in content so although technically they will run in TRS2004 you need to purchase TC3 to get the axle boxes etc. showing.

They have been tested on TRS2004 but they don't show up correctly.

The nice thing is I haven't had a single email from some one saying it says 2.4 on the version but it isn't quite right on TRS2004. Since I only run TC3 these days makes my life so much easier, and I'm lazy.

I think my point of view is you want the stuff for free, fine but TC3 isn't that expensive to buy and if the other items are error free they will run fine under TC3.

Cheerio John

John just had a look and I had forgotten to register TC3 only registered 1&2 so will register it and see what happens. ................
Keeping my eye on mobile broadband for desktop but will give it a bit longer as seems to be getting more popular and see how it settles down.

Barry

John. Just registered TC3 and everything working OK now and items show and downloading one of the wagons....................

Barry

Hello

Regards

Doesn't appear to be working for me. Tick only TC3 box and search for, say, locos (all). Shows umpteen pages, some for 2004. Same for Routes. Gave up.

I'm guessing you are clicking the images above? If so, this doesn't work. Those icons allow you to 'browse' through an entire section, with all Trainz versions ticked.

If you want to search for a specific version is a specific section, you tick the boxes you want, then select the section you want from the drop down box, then hit search with the search box left blank.

However, searching for locos under TC3 only will show nothing. I've tried 4 times to upload my TC3 based steam loco, and all times it has failed because the DLS doesn't recognise the TC3 tags...

Zec

Hello

Regards

this is all very nice if you're actually looking FOR tc3 content. if your looking for a missing asset that happened to have been made with 2004+sp3, (and you have no idea what it was made with, just that its a sub asset of something you have that's missing that part of it) as of a couple of hours ago, the last time i checked, search still wont find it unless you've checked the tc3 box. (along WITH ALL the rest of them)

Last edited:
this is all very nice if you're actually looking FOR tc3 content. if your looking for a missing asset that happened to have been made with 2004+sp3, (and you have no idea what it was made with, just that its a sub asset of something you have that's missing that part of it) as of a couple of hours ago, the last time i checked, search still wont find it unless you've checked the tc3 box. (along WITH ALL the rest of them)

Assets are made for a version of Trainz. They might be tested with TRS2004 +SP3 or TC3. It is possible an asset made for TRS2004 will use a TC3 dependency or more likely the dependency had a TRS2004 version that has been updated with a new version. When you do that the old version is still on the DLS but cannot be searched for in the usual way. Try searching for it with just the kuid number and you should see the earlier versions.

Supporting multiple versions of Trainz does take more effort from content creators and since most error free content from TRS2004 and TRS2006 runs under TC3 I suggest you just move to TC3.

Cheerio John

Back