Envmap.tga images showing green in both DLS Heisler Locomotives

ricomon35

SceneWright
Hello everyone:

Experiencing the old envmap showing green in driver problem.

Both of the NG Heisler locos on the DLS have the no texture assigned error in the body and bogey meshes that (should) have the envmap.tga images assigned.

Error i.e.
! <kuid2:88346:3:2> : VE217: Material *Heisler NG_body*D7889A21*mtl #0*m.reflect in mesh file heisler ng_body/heisler ng_body.im has no texture assigned to a required slot: texture0

In older SP's of TRS 2019, this problem was fixed by a simple re-save from .bmp to .tga.

Now, in SP5 it seems to have re-surfaced.

I'm hoping we can work out a fix, as I need to add a Heisler in a session for my next NG MRR layout.

The kuids in question are:

<kuid:181672:100010> ws Heisler
<kuid2:88346:3:2> Heisler NG

Rico

I might be wrong, but I thought this error was due to the m.reflect material being incorrectly configured in the 3D creation step, then exported with the mistake "hard wired" into the mesh. If so, the creator (or someone else who is authorised to repair and upload the asset) would be the only solution. You can use the freeware utility IM Editor to examine the mesh and fix the material, but you may not have permission to distribute it. Perhaps talk to someone in the Content Repair Group (pcas1986, nawlins etc) to see if they would lend a hand.

(p.s. you have e-mail regarding some boulders to review).

Deane is correct, there are about three diffuse texture slots empty for m.reflect material chunks in both body and bogey meshes.

I might be wrong, but I thought this error was due to the m.reflect material being incorrectly configured in the 3D creation step, then exported with the mistake "hard wired" into the mesh. If so, the creator (or someone else who is authorised to repair and upload the asset) would be the only solution. You can use the freeware utility IM Editor to examine the mesh and fix the material, but you may not have permission to distribute it. Perhaps talk to someone in the Content Repair Group (pcas1986, nawlins etc) to see if they would lend a hand.

(p.s. you have e-mail regarding some boulders to review).
Thanks Deane. :)

I was afraid I'd have to try and contact the creator, dirkmewes.

He has never posted on this forum, and I have no idea how to contact him, unless maybe SirGibby, or someone from trainzone.co.nz where the original is hosted knows.

Rico

P.S. I responded to your e-mail

EDIT: I e-mailed SirGibby. Fingers Crossed !

Last edited:
Back