Re-Releasing SPORBUST Content

I am using cab only, havent used dcc for years, not even for testing. Keeping a 15000 tonm, 120 car coal train under control down a 2% grade is really challenging and takes practise to master. If the enginespec files are set up correctly it is very doable. But if you have no dynamic braking it would be extremely hard since trainbrakes takes a couple of minutes to fully engage or release, just like in the real world. and you need the dynamics to regulate the speed.

I'll be happy to supply you with realistic enginespec files. Also for the AI to be able to stop heavy trains on a downgrade i usually set the "max-decel" to something over 100000 Since i never use DCC and the AI seems to brake nicely anyway.

Tell me what engine you need spec asset for and i'll make it.

Try your 15,000 ton coal trains on this route: http://www.mediafire.com/?hob4yr2hx71825n
what the hell does that have to do with this theead?
EDIT: This:
I am using cab only, havent used dcc for years, not even for testing. Keeping a 15000 tonm, 120 car coal train under control down a 2% grade is really challenging and takes practise to master. If the enginespec files are set up correctly it is very doable. But if you have no dynamic braking it would be extremely hard since trainbrakes takes a couple of minutes to fully engage or release, just like in the real world. and you need the dynamics to regulate the speed ...

And surely your fine locos would do a good test on it also.

Last edited:
I deleted the SW1500 enginespec and downloaded it again, and now it works fine. Maybe I added the "throttle-notches" tag to make it TS12-compliant, but forgot to enter the correct value. I apologise for raising a meaningless alarm.

The SW1500 enginespec, however, has a very low "max-decel" value (8500). This makes switching difficult and AI use nearly impossible, as the loco decelerates so slowly that it is incapable of stopping at trackmarks, interactive industries and signals. To solve these issues, the proper value should be at least 75000.

The Dash-9, AC4400 and SD-70 all have a proper "max-decel" value (75000), but the "max-accel" is very low (1500). In 2009 and later versions this should be multiplied by 4, but even in this case acceleration would be very low: I set up three C44s with 70 empty autoracks and after 10 miles they were barely making 20 MPH.

Anyway, all the locomotives I downloaded run fine in TS2010 after some minor modification. Thanks again for making them available!

I was having the same problem as you Pendolino, with the engines not wanting to get above 20 mph when 09 came out. What I did was I took the motor section from Auran's SD40-2 That's engine spec -1:42004221 and used that for a reference. It works just fine even for the sd70's too. I know it's not very scientific and I know it could be calculated mathematically but I don't know how, and this works.

Code:
motor
{
  resistance                            1.7
  adhesion                              2.3
  maxvoltage                            600
  maxspeed                              35
  brakeratio                            55000
  max-accel                             25000
  max-decel                             95000
  axle-count                            6
  surface-area                          80
  moving-friction-coefficient           0.03
  air-drag-coefficient                  0.00017
}

Being a real Fan of Franks stuff I too have about everything I could get my hands on and have fixed most of it to work in TS2010. I had an odd problem with the "Ace's" being coupled up to anything but another Ace. They wouldn't go the track speed limit either. I took the engine spec from the ES44AC (kuid2:9000:51006:1) and used it in the ACE.....Now I can couple it to anything and it works!!!
Frank your BNSF ACE,ES44 and a Dash9 makes and awesome looking lashup.
Great work!!!!!

Frank, you know eventually everyone will want everything you've ever made to be fixed for 09,10,12......etc....... That's what happens when you make the best content!!!!!!!

Good Luck!!!!....................and have fun!!!!!!:D

Frank, you know eventually everyone will want everything you've ever made to be fixed for 09,10,12......etc....... That's what happens when you make the best content!!!!!!!

All of his things are fixed as I fixed them for him and sent them to him. He's reworking some of his things a little and will eventually have them up on his site. They will work in all versions error free now. Check it out here: http://www.esporbust.com/

All of his things are fixed as I fixed them for him and sent them to him. He's reworking some of his things a little and will eventually have them up on his site. They will work in all versions error free now. Check it out here: http://www.esporbust.com/

Great news about that as I have always liked his stuff from day one. Thanks for fixing all the files to work in Trainz 12 as I have plans to get Trainz 12 in a couple months.

do sporbust loco works in ts12?

I was able to get his 2010 version to work in ts12 and with a ton of editing of files and stuff like that i was able to get the older version to work in ts12 as well, but he said he is working on the ts12 versions so we will see what he can come up with!

Hi,

Just wondering if you were going to re-release your box girder bridges that you had on the old site? Those were some good bridges. I'm sure a lot of people could find them very useful.
:)

HE, HI SPORBUST.

HI SPORBUST ONE QUESTION, YOUR NEW SITE WILL BE OPEN IN 8-12-2011?

AND YOUR CONTENT WILL BE FOR TS 12?.

THANKS.

first off, don't type in all caps. It's rude and really annoying. Second off, did you happen to notice the last post was almost four months ago? Don't bump old threads unless you have something constructive to say. All this has been resolved. look here: http://www.esporbust.com/

they're not compatible with TS12...you have to fix them yourself. Frank's working on it slowly, but i haven't heard anything yet. Sorry to jump on you...i know you haven't been around for too long. Or at least it looks that way.

Welcome to the forums, and just promise me you'll use a little more caution next time. I don't mean to jump you, I'm just trying to head off the guys that will really jump down your throat...trust me, i've seen it happen. I'll say this; I used to be in the same place. We all were, whatever anyone here says:p

Just a thought, it is awful easy to "update" your 2006 assets, if you read the posts: Seems like there are a lot of your locos out there that have already been fixed. I know I have a few (I believe the NS and CR ones and maybe a CSX or two) that I have fixed for "personal use". I am sure you wouldn't mind if I sent it back to you already fixed (at least for TS2009).

There are probably quite a few people who have also repaired their own line of choice, and I'm sure if you put the word out here, "Hey- send them back home fixed," you probably wouldn't have to fix a thing!! The way I see it, the less time you have to spend fixing the old stuff, the sooner we might be able to see some new stuff!!!:D

I have downloaded multiple locos from esporbust.com for trainz 2010 but they wont work? Why is this!

first off, don't type in all caps. It's rude and really annoying. Second off, did you happen to notice the last post was almost four months ago? Don't bump old threads unless you have something constructive to say. All this has been resolved. look here: http://www.esporbust.com/

they're not compatible with TS12...you have to fix them yourself. Frank's working on it slowly, but i haven't heard anything yet. Sorry to jump on you...i know you haven't been around for too long. Or at least it looks that way.

Welcome to the forums, and just promise me you'll use a little more caution next time. I don't mean to jump you, I'm just trying to head off the guys that will really jump down your throat...trust me, i've seen it happen. I'll say this; I used to be in the same place. We all were, whatever anyone here says:p

Same with me bro! They're so friction stupid thats the thing I hate the most!
And every loco that I download from esporbust.com for trainz 2010 does not
work none I repeat none! Why is this happening

after checking for errors this came up on the MP15's....... Error: Texture 'mesh_body/goldbasecolor.texture' is missing or could not be loaded for mesh 'mesh_body\mesh_body.im'. where would i find this one?

these were downloaded from his site today...http://www.esporbust.com/
there were loaded in to trs2009.

Last edited:
never mind i figured it out... i had to open one of the other MP15's from the dls and do a copy and paste, it now shows up in 2009 no problem.

UPDATE to above works in TRS12 now as well.

Last edited:
All of the information put forth in these forums is profitable for correction and instruction in your Trainz experience.
Get a copy of Asset-X and the rest of PEV's tools. They will be your best friend and will make things a lot simpler for you. The tool's allow you get SP's 2006 content to work in T12.

John

Back