Railroad maps?

ozone45212

Can anyone point me to where I could find a map of the rail in my area? I seem to not be able to find any modern maps online. Does this have anything to do with terrorizim? Cincinnati, OH.

For excellent printed atlases that include abandoned lines (but no roads), try the series published by Steam Powered Video (http://www.steam-powered-video.co.uk/atlases.shtml). They have atlases covering the US and part of Canada. DeLorme Publishing also publishes DVD-ROMs with scans of U.S. topographic maps, though a bit expensive ($100 per state last time I purchased), but the maps used tend to be older and often include lines now gone, unlike their Street Atlas USA and their atlas/gazetteers.

--Lamont

Are you looking for track diagrams?

That is a schematic of all the turnouts (Switches) Crossovers, signals grade crossings, stations over and under passes etc.

Can anyone point me to where I could find a map of the rail in my area? I seem to not be able to find any modern maps online. Cincinnati, OH.

Besides the suggestions given by others, I find Maps.google.com is pretty good for showing the location of rail lines in areas in which I have looked, including in some cases abandoned lines; I switch between satellite and map views. That would be a first place I try from home. It might also be worth a trip to the main public library in your area to chat with the reference librarian, and see what Ifresources they have. If your reference to Cincinnati, OH is naming your area, I would expect that the Cincinnati Public Library has a map section which is a repository for USGS topographical maps, and perhaps USGS aerial photos of the area. You might check to see if there are official city maps, too, and the State Departments of Transportation may have official railway maps available.

Back