Questions about the Settle and Carlisle DLC

Alexandrusg

Trainz Member
I have 2 questions about this DLC (original SnC)

1.Can I add it to T:ANE or do I need the new version
2.Since I got it on steam and I can't add it to TS12( non-steam game), is there a way to get everything the DLC offers into TS12?

To answer your first question, you wouldn't be able to add the TS12 version into T:ANE in the normal way (and would probably end up having to fix several items) so getting the T:ANE version is the best bet.

As for the second question, that would depend on what build you have as anything higher than 49922 would require an in-game download.

Shane

So (second question by the way) if I reinstall my TS12 and copy the .ja file from SnC into the TS12 folder it might work or ruin my game?

That will depend on the build you install - if it's higher than 49922 it will not work (it should work in 49922 and earlier though providing the .ja file is put in the Builtin folder).

Shane

Ok Thanks! Also one quiiick question: the SnC .ja file (that has everything) is the one in the builtin folder right?
EDIT: and after pasting the .ja file is it safe to upgrade?

If you're using the .ja method that will only work up as far as 49922. Beyond that requires an in-game download and does not use the .ja method for DLC.

Shane

Back