Questions about surveyor 2010

roymac

Hello everyone;

O.K! I've now got TRS2010. Let me begin by saying that I've got problems. However, I will leave most of that for now because I am still learning and maybe it is just my ignorance at work.

What I would like help with is this: while in Surveyor, I can would like to place some tress. No big deal, right! Listed (on the right menu bar) are the trees I am suppose to be able to place. First problem is that there are times in which they just don't show up - the list is present but no items are displayed - on the right menu bar. Next problem, they may show up, but I can't place them on my route - I click to place and nothing happens. Next problem, they show up (in the menu bar) but when I place them, the leaves aren't there - barren as in winter trees. I suppose that might not be a bad thing if I wanted a winter route but really, this is not suppose to happen at all. They are, I believe, "Speed Trees" I am referring to.

As a general comment....man, tons of faulty content is floating around Trainz world. I don't know about the rest of you, but dealing with this problem, has not been fun .

roymac

Easy to fix so that deciduous speed trees have leaves. In route surveyor or edit session in surveyor, select edit environment/location, and change the date from the default (today) to some date in the summer.

Easy to fix so that deciduous speed trees have leaves. In route surveyor or edit session in surveyor, select edit environment/location, and change the date from the default (today) to some date in the summer.

..well, I'll be damned! Now I have leaves! Thanks Schweitzerdude. I don't suppose you have answers for the other two parts of my problems, do you? Regardless, I appreciate your help. Just this morning, as I was adjusting for "summer", I noticed it stopped allowing me to see the items which then prevented me from placing them....again! Strange this 2010!

One other newly developed issue that if you aren't able to help me with, someone may be able to answer, relates to the Blue Comet. I purchased the Digital Download last night. Installed it but, it doesn't show up anywhere in 2010. Am I missing something, perhaps an important step?

Thanks again.

roymac

Did you add the serial code for the Blue Comet to the Options panel of the launcher? It is the same place that displays the serial number for TS2010. The serial number would be listed under your Planet Auran profile.

William

Did you add the serial code for the Blue Comet to the Options panel of the launcher? It is the same place that displays the serial number for TS2010. The serial number would be listed under your Planet Auran profile.

William

I had a similar problem with the Duchess. Adding the serial number sorted it out, so definitely worth a try.

Blue Comet, if it isn't the serial number, is probably the remove the yellow star from the menu and untick Display favourites only in Surveyor options.

In the case of the environment if I remember correctly, you change the season to one you don't want, exit go back in and set the right one and it should then be ok.

Trees disappearing is actually a known problem, usually happens if you are placing a lot of different types at once, think it depends on PC spec how quick they vanish, as I get much longer with 8GB of ram than I do with 4. Just save exit surveyor and go back in and carry on.

I had a similar problem with the Duchess. Adding the serial number sorted it out, so definitely worth a try.

To wreeder, daveinblock4 and clam1952: - thanks for your imput and help. No I did not include the serial number. I noticed it asked for one but all I did was to insert my TRS10 one. In looking at my profile I did not see a specific one stating "Blue Comet" however, I did see one listed on my "order receipt". I will imput that one and by the sounds of it, things will work.

Issues though with items disappearing while working in Surveyor (speaking here of the right hand menu bar) is a "known issue"! In my initial installation of TRS2010 everything was checked marked as "Passed" but dispite that, and if I understand you correctly, this issue could be an on going problem.

If there is anyone who does not have this problem out there, I would be interested in hearing from them....any maybe looking at their system specs. It is my belief that my system specs are on the higher end of the mid-range configurations - if this makes any sense. If those are not good enough, can anyone tell me what would be?

Thanks again, guys.

roymac

Back