questions about merging layouts

JohnnyG1973

Several questions I have about merging layouts perhaps some of you here could answer for me...

- after merging a route I notice some of the ground textures have disappeared, not on the first route but the route that I added. anyone know why that is?

- after merging a route all of the tracks leading to interactive industries are no longer joined and need to be re-laid, again, only on the route that I added???

- I notice that some routes are "built" at an extreemly high elevation for no apparent reason, ie-Marias Pass & Tidewater. Is this done intentionally by the creator as to make it difficult to merge with other routes?

thanks for any help - John

1 & 2 this is a known problem that happens as far as I know theres no fix and it does not always do it

3 no this is because these routes are built true to life mainly from using Transdem or HOG files
so the ground elevations are also correc for the place

The merged map (ie: the movable one) is usually the one to lose some industry and station connections - I always go over the tracks and just move the spline points to make sure they are still connected or need "snapping" into place. If the height is radically different (check before merging)it is a good idea to add enough baseboards to enable a smooth transition.
Ron

...mergers...

:cool: I think another way for this would be the TrainzPro Routes e-portal.

I have not used it, however it should intro a consist intact to the next route.

Hi John,

The reason for the disappearing textures is a map is limited to 256? textures.
If you join 2 maps and the combined numbers of textures exceed this number the extras are discarded.

I try to keep the number of textures is use down to improve performance and reuse textures, for example I use the same texture for snow, salt and lime.

Lindsay

Back