Question marks in CMP

mrflibble

Hello,

Can anybody tell me how to remove items under My Content in CMP with the question marks against them, denoting unknown. They refuse to be disabled or deleted.

Thanks,
ED.

Hello,

Can anybody tell me how to remove items under My Content in CMP with the question marks against them, denoting unknown. They refuse to be disabled or deleted.

Thanks,
ED.

Hi Ed,

Have you tried right clicking on the offending contents, and directly deleting that way.

Cheers
Pete.

Hello Pete,

Yes, tried right clicking, has no effect at all. I have re-installed Trainz to make a fresh start, of course at first I had an empty "My content" in CMP but after pulling a few routes from archive and downloading one or two items, I now have items with Question marks!

Oh well, short of re-installing again I'll have to live with them, B----y nuisance.

Cheers,

Ed.

Hello Pete,

Yes, tried right clicking, has no effect at all. I have re-installed Trainz to make a fresh start, of course at first I had an empty "My content" in CMP but after pulling a few routes from archive and downloading one or two items, I now have items with Question marks!

Oh well, short of re-installing again I'll have to live with them, B----y nuisance.

Cheers,

Ed.

Hi Ed,

The question marks indicate missing items that are requred by your content. i.e. your route and sessions. The only solution to this is to redownload the missing items.

John

Most of these items with a ? are usually on the DLS.
CMP only looks for kuids for the current version for some reason it can't see them if there from a previous version TRS2004 UTC etc
Go to the DLS enter the kuids & click the download / download pack link & they will go to cmp for downloading.
It's a pain but it's the only way of doing it.

Dave

Hi Ed,

The question marks indicate missing items that are requred by your content. i.e. your route and sessions. The only solution to this is to redownload the missing items.

John

Most of these items with a ? are usually on the DLS.
CMP only looks for kuids for the current version for some reason it can't see them if there from a previous version TRS2004 UTC etc
Go to the DLS enter the kuids & click the download / download pack link & they will go to cmp for downloading.
It's a pain but it's the only way of doing it.

Dave

Hi John,Dave,

Totally agree with your comments about the ?, but they're in Ed's 'My Content' folder.
If ED, has created a route for example, using downloaded assets, then the offending ??? would have shown up sooner, (after downloading the assets).
If they're just downloads then they shouldn't go into that folder, unless Ed has altered them, including the original Kuid.

ED; Perhaps you could be more specific as to what's in your 'My Content' folder. We may be able to pin-point the problem.

Cheers
Pete.

I think he means that asset itself has been 'removed'/'deleted' in CMP, but has shown up again with a '?' where the icon that normally show what type of item it is, is located.
Zec

I think he means that asset itself has been 'removed'/'deleted' in CMP, but has shown up again with a '?' where the icon that normally show what type of item it is, is located.
Zec

Hi Zec,
That could well be the case.
I guess we'll have to wait for Ed's reply.
Cheers
Pete

The 'denoting unknown' points towards this.

If it is this, and not a 'missing content' problem...
One trick that may, or may not, work is to go into the TRS/TC folder, and find a file called 'assets.tdx'. Delete this, then start CMP. It may remove the items.

If it is a missing content error. Try going to the DLS website and searching for them there. If they are part of a layout, you can always try clicking on 'delete missing assets' in surveyor and then saving a copy of the layout. Not perfect, especially if you want to release sessions on said layout, but it should work :)

Zec

Hello

As regards the actual content in CMP (My content)

Some are old versions of my current layout, although four are just odd items that just seemed to pop up from nowhere. I have been told that when you delete in surveyor, you can end up with the item still in CMP with the dreaded question mark against it. You should always delete in layouts CMP, perhaps that's why I've my present problem, although most layouts deleted in surveyor disappear from CMP. I find CMP a real can of worms, at times, perhaps best left alone?

Thanks for your replies, much appreciated.

Ed.

Hi Ed,
As you have found out (The hard way), deleting can cause many problems with CMP.
One thing about dependencies, is that quite a few of them are shared by different assets, so delete one and it messes the others.
If none of the suggestions in this thread work for you; the ???? are just bothersome, and don't effect your layout or any of the contents I suggest you follow your own advice and leave alone.
There are alternatives to remove the offenders, but these are drastic and only used as a last resort, it will also mean loosing the work you have already carried out.

CMP and Surveyor are excellent tools, but like everything else in life, its best to check and double check, what does what.

Cheers
Pete.

Back