Profile Pictures.

Something changed apparently. It doesn't give me the "you dont have access" message anymore and i can edit my bio and links. No profile pic or signature yet tho. Still just an accessless peasant 🫣🫠

Last edited:
Hi All
At the current time we don't have the avatars configured for you to choose from. We are looking at options to add features such as this to the forums, however we don't have a timeframe for this as our first aim has been to get the forums upgraded and working correctly.

For the captcha, it appears that a couple of roles may still need updating; I've asked our admin to take a look at this as well.

Regards

Well, what means "to choose from" here, if we have members with the capability of adding/having whatever they want. That's kinda unfair then, isn't it?
We, "the others", are going to be 2nd class members - only able to choose from a few provided ones - meanwhile the 1st class can add whatever they want. Nice, really nice 😒🤨

I don't think it's a class thing. Probably has more to do with trust. I can imagine that some members might become a little risque in their avatar selection. Having pre approved avatars to choose from will keep the workload to a minimum for those that have to keep the place tidy, clean and peaceful.

I don't think it's a class thing. Probably has more to do with trust. I can imagine that some members might become a little risque in their avatar selection. Having pre approved avatars to choose from will keep the workload to a minimum for those that have to keep the place tidy, clean and peaceful.
N3V could always implement a moderation system to approve or deny avatars chosen by the user, or allow users with an account over a certain age to have custom avatars (say 3 years).

My problem isn't with only having choices - if it would be equal to all. What it isn't, as you can see some members already have custom profile pictures. So we're already past that point, which is why i made that comment

Hurry up already.... I've got mine ready to go 😚

Steam-Avatar150x150.jpg

Rico

I find it quite funny how a guy who joined in 2017 and has posted a total of 5 times was able to change their profile picture, yet someone like JCitron who has posted thousands of times and has been in this community for years can’t. What’s up with that?

I'd completely agree if it wasn't for the fact that meanwhile new members with no posts have accounts with profile pics, banners, etc. I don't think all of these are spam accounts but there's certainly a lot of spam accounts joining recently (just look under the members tab at new members and see what I mean) and a great number of them are either NSFW or have links to NSFW pages in their bios.

OK, maybe it is a class thing and NV3 is conspiring to put all the long time users at the bottom of the ladder by restricting access to profile pictures. "Take that you whiny old timers!"

Seriously, Maybe it's a glitch in the new forum software. Not putting too much stock in it yet. When I see the round pink circles with letters disappearing from the multitude of posts in the forum then we'll know something's up. Until then it'll be up to us to sort through the capital letters to know who's who.

Hi All
Just to confirm, we did not intend for anyone to be able to set custom avatars (outside of staff, as was the case previously). However a few roles appear to have ended up with the ability to do so (and some other issues along with this...), which we are working through resolving.

In regards to spam accounts, I've passed this on to our admins to look into, however it may take a little time to find out why they are able to do this.

Regards

I find it quite funny how a guy who joined in 2017 and has posted a total of 5 times was able to change their profile picture, yet someone like JCitron who has posted thousands of times and has been in this community for years can’t. What’s up with that?
JCitron isn't 'trustworthy' ;)

Back