Problems With the DLS

sawyer811

MKT Forever and always
Okay, before i go on, i need to say that i do know that the DLS had problems last month, but do not know if they're over yet. I also don't know if the problem i'm about to mention is still happening as i can't get to my trainz computer right now.

So, to start off, last month i upgraded to a new computer, as my system built to run TRS2006 couldn't handle TS2009 and finally crashed on me. It's windows 7 with 4 megs of ram, i know that much, but agian, i can't get to my trainz computer so i can't check the rest, assuming it matters.

So, after installing and putting in my "emergency cache" of engines i can't live without (i.e. bdaneal's steamers:D) i went onto the DLS for the first time. It asked me to input my username and password, but that was no big deal as i assumed it would need me too since i was acessing from a new computer. But when i tried to download something (don't remember what, i do remember it was a traincar) i got that lovely "Internet explorer cannot display webpage," page crammed between the header and footer of the DLS webpage. Note i was trying to download through the webpage, as i've never had luck with the DLS tab in CMP/CM2.

No big deal though, i thought, since i knew the DLS was having problems at the time. I just waited and worked through the search function on the DLS tab in CM2, and tried a few times to make it work.

After a month of trying, i still couldn't get the DLS webpage to work and still got the lovely "IE cannot display webpage" page. It didn't work, at all.

Is it something i did when i got the new computer? I'm at a total loss. This never happened when i got on the DLS on the old computer for the first time, never once. I'm not sure what's going on. Any help would be appreciated.

Sawyer 811, aka one very confused trainzer.

Okay, before i go on, i need to say that i do know that the DLS had problems last month, but do not know if they're over yet. I also don't know if the problem i'm about to mention is still happening as i can't get to my trainz computer right now.

So, to start off, last month i upgraded to a new computer, as my system built to run TRS2006 couldn't handle TS2009 and finally crashed on me. It's windows 7 with 4 megs of ram, i know that much, but agian, i can't get to my trainz computer so i can't check the rest, assuming it matters.

So, after installing and putting in my "emergency cache" of engines i can't live without (i.e. bdaneal's steamers:D) i went onto the DLS for the first time. It asked me to input my username and password, but that was no big deal as i assumed it would need me too since i was acessing from a new computer. But when i tried to download something (don't remember what, i do remember it was a traincar) i got that lovely "Internet explorer cannot display webpage," page crammed between the header and footer of the DLS webpage. Note i was trying to download through the webpage, as i've never had luck with the DLS tab in CMP/CM2.

No big deal though, i thought, since i knew the DLS was having problems at the time. I just waited and worked through the search function on the DLS tab in CM2, and tried a few times to make it work.

After a month of trying, i still couldn't get the DLS webpage to work and still got the lovely "IE cannot display webpage" page. It didn't work, at all.

Is it something i did when i got the new computer? I'm at a total loss. This never happened when i got on the DLS on the old computer for the first time, never once. I'm not sure what's going on. Any help would be appreciated.

Sawyer 811, aka one very confused trainzer.

Try Firefox, it's much safer anyway. However, your inability to access the DLS sounded like a firewall issue, as does this (unless, of course, you can currently access other webpages, just not the DLS.)

Back