Problem with SD45 DL

hermit23

Following errors after download. Running TRS2009.

SD45 Wisonsin Central 6618
Author ID: cincysouthernrwy
<kuid:45588:1141>

Error: Progressive meshes are no longer supported by Trainz. Though these meshes may work in Trainz, it is recommended that you switch to a LOD mesh.
Error: Progressive meshes are no longer supported by Trainz. Though these meshes may work in Trainz, it is recommended that you switch to a LOD mesh.
Error: Unable to load mesh file: 'content esydh8mk94\SD45 Wisconsin Central 6618_shadow\SD45 Wisconsin Central 6618_shadow.pm'

Recomendations?

hermit 23
TRS2004, 2006, 2009

Does it show up ok. If so forget it. I've lots of the same errors and they run just fine.

Get PEV's PM2IM tool.
Use it to convert the .PM file to an .IM file.
Delete the .PM file.
Add a mesh-table to the config.
Make certain the trainz-build line is 2.4 in the config.
Should work then.

Get PEV's PM2IM tool.
Use it to convert the .PM file to an .IM file.
Delete the .PM file.
Add a mesh-table to the config.
Make certain the trainz-build line is 2.4 in the config.
Should work then.

Wondered if that prog would do a fix. Not that familiar with the files. Is there more than one mesh table, or maybe just another file I could look at from another loco to get the idea?

Looks like this:
Code:
mesh-table
{
 {
  auto-create                         1
  mesh                                "rs11_body/rs11_body.lm"
 }

shadow
 {
  mesh                                "rs11_shadow/rs11_shadow.im"
 }
}
The shadow section is only needed if there is a folder in the main folder with SHADOW in the name. Else you can use this:
Code:
mesh-table
{
 {
  auto-create                         1
  mesh                                "rs11_body/rs11_body.lm"
 }
}
Also note the "mesh" lines need the location of the .IM file (or .LM if a model with LOD). For a SD45, you clearly don't use RS11 so you need to replace those parts with the location of the right files.

I downloaded both SD45 Wisconsin Central 6523,<kuid:45588:1143> and SD45 Wisconsin Central 6618,<kuid:45588:1141>. I added a mesh-table for the .pm file and committed ok. The screenshot doesn't show in Surveyor but the name shows in the list with white letters so Trainz thinks it is ok. When I placed it on a track, all that shows up is the red and green direction arrows. The body is totally transparent. Both of these are UTC (Trainz-build 1.3) locos. I ran them thru PEV's PM2IM converter to converted them to .im meshes but that didn't change anything. Exported them as .cdp and imported into TRS2006 and get the same results. I think you'll have to contact cincysouthernrwy for help to use these in 2006 or 2009.

Bob

Both of these are UTC (Trainz-build 1.3) locos.
Did you change the trainz-build line to 2.4?
You need that since TRS2004 was when IM files first got used.
Only other reason I could see for a transparent locomotive is an alpha channel in the texture, there shouldn't be one for these but you never know.

I just deleted everything with reference to SD45. I don't need it that bad. About ready to go back to TS2006.

Did you change the trainz-build line to 2.4?
You need that since TRS2004 was when IM files first got used.
Only other reason I could see for a transparent locomotive is an alpha channel in the texture, there shouldn't be one for these but you never know.
You are right. After adding the mesh-table the loco doesn't show up, but, I just edited the config.txt file to change the trainz-build to 2.0. Saved and committed. The loco now shows up in TS2009.

Bob

Following errors after download. Running TRS2009.

SD45 Wisonsin Central 6618
Author ID: cincysouthernrwy
<kuid:45588:1141>

Error: Unable to load mesh file: 'content esydh8mk94\SD45 Wisconsin Central 6618_shadow\SD45 Wisconsin Central 6618_shadow.pm'

Recomendations?

hermit 23
TRS2004, 2006, 2009

The problem is that it isn't Union Pacific! :)

Back