Philadelphia (Work In Progresss) (Large pics)

Good day everyone. I am working my way west. I passed through 30th St again on my way. Here I made a huge addition by subtraction. Gone is my 30th street, replaced by what should've been here all along. As I learn how to get more consistent, things become alot more easier to fix. RRsignal's 30th St. fits now. I moved the platforms westward. It was easier to adjust to now that things are staying more in line. Even prettier building at night now definitely. This also led to more improvements:

Parking lot looks better now. Powelton yard more in line too:

I couldn't change so much and not show the difference. Aiming so high to start building helped define where I'm at. This is more of the pace of what I hope to offer soon, working westward, placeholder to improve on:

f3c6b51324e242ec50bf4f7784a298de.jpg

Easier improvements will be the doors. I know the upper part isn't made of brick, but that's the easiest to texture correctly for now. The roof won't be too more detailed as this is the smaller of the two sheds. This is more like the usual one track sheds. I wanted to get the Septa part correct though. Improvement will have only the logo and lettering light up at night. I wanted to see if I could do it without planes. Success! I may even give something to look at better than the other side of the outside. The bigger one right next to this will have more to look at, but not overboard. I didn't want to go too long without an update. I just spent a majority of the past week realigning 30th street. The shed was today's work. Took all day due to great documentary selections. Thank you for your time.

Thank you very much Cascade. I need plenty of help, and am working on getting this more uniform to what's expected before asking. I know of at least 2 routes being worked on around these parts so I'm still unsure of what I can truly offer. Small buildings sound very realistic to me. I need some help with some buildings that aren't so simple to make. Are you available to build some structures?

Good day everyone. I am still working at it. One of the first things I feel I created that is more than just a textured box (reference first):

I also wanted to show the desired night effect with the shed:

The supports are a huge hurdle I finally climbed. Alpha Mask was easier for Market East station. This taught me how to do it for real. I couldn't do this area without mentioning Drexel.

Thank you for your time.

Question are you using bing maps or Google Maps?

I am using Google maps mostly. I switched to Bing when I didn't know how I lost the ability to rotate the view in Google. I eventually learned it was zoom level related.

I am starting to see what I can build now. I am learning more about texturing, and built my own Cira Centre. Took all day staring at this building to figure out the easiest way to make it:

This was the best part to me. I only did one side because it wasn't displaying in the viewer and I didn't know how it would turn out. I plan on using all three versions of this building I've seen at night. Keep in mind as with most of everything so far, this is just a first try:

Just wanted to show these are all small buildings. I'm getting better at being simple lol.

(See it wasn't showing) I do plan on adding the garage and walkover next door. The one day I check the forums only once a day I miss something. The Cira Centre looks nice with the building next door. I showed it in the first place to say thank you like everything else, and because it's the best building done for this area. I'll revive my monstrosity of the next door neighbor. I understand texturing a little more now. Thank you for your time.

Good day everyone, new building in the area! :)

I'll add a simple animation to it. It would be nice to learn to get a clock to show. Thank you for your time.

Nice work. Lol if you want to make Philly a futuristic (well kinda) u should make the Propose American Commerce Center and Cira Centre South 2. :D and if you need help I can make like the Keystone Corridor and you connect it to your R5 or something ^_^

Good day everyone. I'm checking in with an update. I retried texturing the Peco building:

I also stripped the nightmodes on the Skyscrapers. I am going to start working more seriously on these, as I would like to release a building within the next 6 months. The route as a whole is being worked on just as much as always. I have these super loyal customers waiting at Overbrook and Wynnefield for anything to catch a ride on:

It's all here, just undeveloped:

I am back around 30th street while I figure out which area ISN'T being worked on (30th street to the NJT Atlantic City route that exists sounds fun). The end goal still is both to add something to the NEC, and build a Silverliner V. What I know today for sure is, I am going nowhere God willing, and all I do is work on this when I am home, and that's mostly everyday. I take the quality that has come before me with the utmost of respect and appreciation, and seek to offer the same. I thank the more experienced creators for still hanging around and offering help and tutorials. This stage of being back around 30th street is relating to wanting to develop westward. The current goal's checkpoint is here. I want to have things look more completed up to this point:

Current goals involve the following:
1.) a releasable Market East and/or Suburban station. I am redoing them one at a time.
2.) Peco building with user message animation. I am still trying different textures on that Peco building. I currently have a text animation between 2 slice planes animating in Gmax. Now I am learning how to convert for Trainz.
3.) The Cira Centre with nightmode skin changer. Lol, before nightmode, I still need to fix the daytime. It actually is built in the shape of the original, but texturing is killing that effect right now.
4.) The 2 Sheds designed and animated. I need to learn how to use a trigger to initiate animation. I also learned to do bump mapping as the last step of texturing, or you get some of the things you've seen here.
5.) The Expressway (76) completed through Girard Avenue.
I also want to have the tracks properly straightened, catenary, and signalled from Market East through Overbrook. I am currently trying Dermmys rule in placing JR signals, my first real try at signalling. I am also still interested in any catenary anyone wanted to offer. I thank you all for your time, and hope this wasn't too scattered to get through.

Last edited:
Good day everyone. I've been working on better texturing. A giant thank you to Mick1960 for the tutorials, and quickly providing help. I feel I have taken a step forward, but with a hitch. During daytime, the texture is showing as all black, but it actually shows perfectly at night (temporarily using same mesh until I get daytime right). I did search the issue, and I tried resizing down to 256x256 which was the common solution I found. That didn't work. As always, I welcome any suggestions to fix this. In the meantime I will continue to try different solutions. Here are the pictures:

3792ad249bda3a98d3004d54afdc5e53.jpg

That's AJS grass spline on the roof. Looks way better than anything I've put up there (see above). All previous buildings will be redone once I figure out my issue. I thank you for your time reading this and look forward to trying suggestions.

Good day everyone. Thank you Shane for your help and conversation :). A big thank you again to Mick1960 and his tutorials :wave::

http://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/index.php5/HowTo/Render_to_Texture

http://forums.auran.com/trainz/entr...se-evil-polygons-(part-1)&bt=2315#comment2315

They have been a huge help to me during this time. I fixed my issue of the black texturing. It was as simple as reticking the "light" box in CCP. It took me to rebuild everything only to have things STILL not display correctly to look into the Trainz side of the issue. I have been stuck on Peco since my first picture. I was very unhappy once I looked back at it. I posted it for the same reason I post it all, to be able to look back and see growth. This is growth :eek::

That was the first thing I've made with shadows. I've since improved finding a more suitable texture. I started working on the night mesh first. Just reselected for daytime:

And the view from JFK Blvd:

3be4f2ee0996f91932ef4886b43cb6e9.jpg

I've started looking into options for the city streets near the tracks. While I love all of the Yarns, I would love to use ATLS for my intersections. I've figured out how to make multi lane same direction traffic flow now. I'll leave the YARN on the highways. I love how they work there. I have also switched the main tracks I am using. JR tracks are just ummm PRETTY!! Until next time. Thank you for your time.

Tate

for robby and roon3808

i love all your routes and engines if u have slype please send me the following srr475 reading and northern and the fixed reading 425 mine has a crappy tender

Good day everyone. I'm adding more buildings:

Next up is the Cira Centre again, and then that building shaped like an "E" That should wrap up 30th street building wise.

Until next time, thank you for your time.

Tate

Good day everyone. Since last time, I've been moving both my Trainz installation, and my 3ds files from my laptop, to my resurrected dinosaur of a desktop. The dinosaur is much faster, if just for the reason of having an independent video card. I've finally settled back in, and now for an update. One of my definite focuses of this thread/route as a whole is to capture Philly's skyline at night. With everything previously available, this is the type of picture I want to recreate (shown with to my knowledge, currently disabled/unavailable buildings):

77a3f06364651baaaf7599f60c723f95.jpg

My focus has turned to the buildings, both to have something of my own to offer, and also due to the uncertain situation surrounding previous buildings in this city. I've seen some searching for a 30th street station that no longer exists. I still have my mesh, and now I am more experienced on how to improve texturing. I have been studying tutorials, and have improved again. I rebuilt the Cira center AGAIN, because I definitely wanted the shape to show like it does for real. That took me to constructing fascades, which I learned by redoing the Peco building. Cira Center is in the background, as that was before this stage of construction. That's still next, but you can see how the shape is now. The new one is the Peco building:

Changes include more accurate window count on each side (previous building was just one texture wrapped around four sides, this one is based on the real building), the foundation with the lower entrance with a smaller area, and more detail with the true shape. I finally have the right signboard as well. Only thing that's left is the smaller building, and the night texturing. I'm feeling more confident that I can offer a building in the future for release. The route is still being worked on too. I took a ride to get a high speed shot for that thread, just been working on buildings too much to post it. If you saw my Wayne Junction station, I missed on that sooo bad. I thank you all for your time.

Tate

Good evening everyone. Just checking in. I finally moved onto to something else:

In case you want to see where the building is at:

Routewise, I'm going to redo the trackwork without the junctions being animated. I understand now what the problem is. I hope I get the results I've seen in Frogpipe's tutorial. Thank you for your time.

Good evening everyone. I just wanted to share my progress again. Before I do, I wanted to plug some routes that are closer and much more fun releases than anything going on in here. I'm working too, but looking at these beauties sure slows me down!:

Flusi's complete NEC :

http://forums.auran.com/trainz/show...pics-and-maybe-videos!!&highlight=blakedooley
Keystone Corridor (for TS12 :'():

http://forums.auran.com/trainz/show...one-Corridor-for-TS12-SP0-EXTREMLY-LARGE-PICS

Malikrthr's Tri State:

http://forums.auran.com/trainz/show...-Tri-State-Area-Project&highlight=blakedooley

Amtrak2041864's NCCE (Me thinks he just doesn't want to be sued :hehe:):

http://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?91720-North-Coast-Commuter-Express(NCCE)

Routewise, I'm going to redo the trackwork without the junctions being animated. I understand now what the problem is. I hope I get the results I've seen in Frogpipe's tutorial.

I remembered the wrong name as making this tuturial. It is BlakeDooley's that I am thinking of: http://forums.auran.com/trainz/show...istic-Turnouts-Tutorial&highlight=blakedooley

My apologies to you both. I have begun to replace the junctions, but with these junctions, this is no place to start trying:

To show I am nearing the end with these buildings (Happy that I can show all sides now):

NEARING is the key word lol. Still some playing around to do. I'm focusing more on track replacement which will help me fix the incline adjustments I made using the junction kit. Until next time, thank you for your time.

Back