passenger stations

chugalong532

Is there no way to see where my next station is and how far it is to that station when running a passenger train?,

William Webb

mc Display Custom HUD V2,<kuid2:61392:1070:2> does what you want, it is built-in.

Add it to session rules under session edit.

mc Display Custom HUD V2,<kuid2:61392:1070:2> does what you want, it is built-in.

Add it to session rules under session edit.

I am sorry but just what do those numbers mean and where do I find add it to session rules under session edit

Hi chugalong532,

The numbers refer to the KUID or Kewl User ID which is how Trainz keeps track of the assets, aka the trees and buildings and other stuff, you install in Trainz. Each KUID is unique and is based on some very specific parts. Without this ID, Trainz wouldn't know what we've installed because many items can have the same name. Take House, House1, House02, etc., for example. There are many, many, perhaps hundreds or thousands of assets called House, House1, or House02. Which one do you have installed? Trainz would never know, and neither would you without assigning an ID number to the installed item.

I'll explain the parts using this KUID <kuid2:61392:1070:2>:

Reading from left to right, there is kuid or kuid2, this depends upon the age of the assets and this determines how the versions are interpreted. For the most part we rarely have to worry about this in everyday use.

The 61392 is the user ID. Every Trainz user has a UID. Mine for example, is 124863. Without this, it would be difficult for Trainz to discern between which House01 you have so this helps narrow down the details more.

The 1070 is the actual Asset ID, and means the user most likely created a whole lot more assets before, and maybe more afterwards.

and finally the 2 is the version of the asset. If there is a newer version, this number becomes obsolete and only the new version will be shown in Content Manager and in Trainz its self.

You probably noticed the ":" or colon character. This is the separator to break up the numbers into sections. This helps us read the numbers easier and probably for the program to parse the data quicker.

Hope this helps.

John

Yes I did and thank you I am stuck on one part of it but I tried to reply to your private message and also send you a screen shot but it never was sent

It is probably easier to post the problem here so that you can get help from the whole community, it will also mean that anybody having a similar problem will see the answer.

If you want to post a screenshot you will need to upload it to a hosting website like Photobucket and use the link provided there to put it into your post, you cannot link to a file on your computer.

Where did you get stuck?

click on tick buttons your to work your way back to the session screen the save the session and exit when you run the session a new window will appear top right which when you move your locomotive,will show the next station/industry,speed,junction and signal.
At the point all I see is a scenario with some track and a large tree in the foreground waving in the wind.

I know I am doing some thing wrong but at 84 years I do get brain freezes, so please bear with me.

William Webb

Does the route you are working on have more than one session. What you describe is what usually happens when you run a session that has no locomotives present. This can happen if you have been editing a route and when you exit you save the route together with a new session. Try a different session to add the rule to and check for locomotives by using the "Find object" option in the drop down menu top left, in the window that comes up use the right arrow key on your keyboard and you should get a list of consists. When you find one with locomotives add the rule in session edit as described, before you leave the edit session panel change the name and add a description in the top windows, this will help you identify the session that you have changed.

Last edited:
I notice that some of the routes have passenger stations showing and a notice when you are getting close to them.
I have been playing some of the royal mail routes etc. but I can not figure out the controls in the bottom right of the screen the sliders etc. I have not noticed any instructions in the manual on their use, do you know where they are?.
Some questions,
Where do print screens end up when you take one, my trains run a bit jerky and hesitate momentarily, when loading this also happens.

Thanks for all your help.

Bill

I notice that some of the routes have passenger stations showing and a notice when you are getting close to them.
I have been playing some of the royal mail routes etc. but I can not figure out the controls in the bottom right of the screen the sliders etc. I have not noticed any instructions in the manual on their use, do you know where they are?.
Some questions,
Where do print screens end up when you take one, my trains run a bit jerky and hesitate momentarily, when loading this also happens.

Thanks for all your help.

Bill

Hi Bill,

The notifications would be part of a script that a content created for the route they made. I can't help you with that part, sorry

Print screens go in the screenshots folder:

...\N3V\TS12\UserData\screenshots.

John

Bill

I had a quick look for them and could not find them either so I have given a description below.

The control Panel in the bottom right corner represents the locomotive controls, a simpler method for a beginner is to use DCC mode which gives a model railway type controller.

Realistic mode is considered by many to be the best way to control the train and can be used via the panel or by going into cab view and using the levers in the cab.

But back to your question about the panel:

In the picture above:

1 controls the direction of travel, move the lever up for forward and down for reverse.

2 Power control move up to move, the number of increments will depend on how the engine spec has been set up.

3 see below

4 Train brake. Use this to stop the train, the checked error at the top applies the emergency brake. Move this to the botton to release the brakes to move off.

5 Independent brake. This brake only operates on the locomotive and is not powerful enough to stop the train but can be used if you are running light engine.

Back to 3 This is useful to keep control of the train when it is going downhill because it uses the engine power to slow the train leaving the brakes for emergencies. To use first move the power control lever to off then set the dynamic brake full on. The power lever now works as a brake. Use the reverse procedure to go back to normal running.

What is going on in the cab is represented by the panel top right.

For steam locomotives the power control lever is replaced by a regulator and cut off levers.

There are also levers for injecting water and adding coal.

Full application of the cut off is needed to start moving an engine and the speed is controlled by the regulator. As you pick up speed you can reduce the cut off. This is UK practice in other areas it is the other way round, which works best will depend on how the engine spec has been set up.

The panel top right will now represent what is going on in the boiler.

Last edited:
This thread has deviated from the Passenger station subject. Rather than creating a new one, I'll piggy-back my issue here: It used to be that when a train gets to a passenger station under AI control, it would advance to the middle and do the unload-load thing. But for some reason, now the train gets to the beginning of the track and stops there, do the thing and continues. Why it does not stops, loco ahead and cars at the platform? Like it used to do?

This thread has deviated from the Passenger station subject. Rather than creating a new one, I'll piggy-back my issue here: It used to be that when a train gets to a passenger station under AI control, it would advance to the middle and do the unload-load thing. But for some reason, now the train gets to the beginning of the track and stops there, do the thing and continues. Why it does not stops, loco ahead and cars at the platform? Like it used to do?

This sounds like a script bug. Some stations do this while others do not.

John

Back