Trains slowing at some stations

I notice with some stations trains slow down while passing a station (Amtrak stations for example). This can be annoying if the train is an express train as these trains would usually pass a station at normal speed (as they would do here in Australia). I have been into the various config files for the stations but can't see how to edit them to prevent the slowing down. Is this possible and if so, how would I go about it? Many thanks. Norm.

As you noted, the trains should pass through the stations at speed. The only thing I can think of is there's something ahead that's causing them to slow down.

What are the signals showing ahead of the stations?

Are there any switches set against the drivers?

Thanks for getting back to me. A couple of the stations that are slowing down trains are Amtrak Station Ver 10 2T DES <kuid:101046:105568> author davesnow. Another is Stn MN Brewster <kuid2:171456:100107:2> author spock2004. All signals ahead are green and no switches are against the drivers. Cheers.

Re-driver commands. I only use AI so I would instruct the driver to go via whatever is the next track mark after the station and it could be some distance away from the station.

In the Place marker 'Menu' I guess! You will notice a distance default of 20 meters, change this figure to all the red markers you need to pass at speed. I strongly recommend using the value of 0.005 meters 'Yes, you will see AI trains barely slow down' the secrect is that you have reduced the distance for the AI train to slow down

If any of this makes any sense! It's the best way I can explain it mate
Good luck :) ;)

Just loaded up Trainz! To best explain all that confusing stuff LOL ;)

Probably best to use Surveyor 'original'.

1) Open the tracks tools menu, then into Trackmark
2) Place down a red track marker 'The red one'!
3) Notice that by default the distance value is set to 20 meters, you can change this while you are still in Trackmark mode
to new track markers or already placed markers
4) Change it's direction facing 'if you like' doesn't really matter much unless its a directional marker. Then Expan the 'Advanced' menu 'clicking on that very small arrow'
5) Now change the value from 20.00 to 0.005
6) Click the button 'set value radious' next to the value of 0.005 meters box
7) Click on the red track marker that you have placed or want to change it's distance value from 20 meters to 0.005 meters..

In the editor track markers will read 0.00 meters.. But it's intentional! ;)
Hopefully that helps mate :)

Edit! Now set you AI to speed through ;) You will notice a very, very slight slow down, which can't be helped! But it's a much better setup.

OK, I place the stations. and ran a train through them. They do slow down when they approach the station then speed up. This is the game doing this. It sees the station like a track mark and slows down as it approaches it then speeds up because the next command is not a load command.

OK, I place the stations. and ran a train through them. They do slow down when they approach the station then speed up. This is the game doing this. It sees the station like a track mark and slows down as it approaches it then speeds up because the next command is not a load command.
Did you change the distance as I have suggested? If 0.005 meters is still slowing down AI trains, set the value to 0.001 meters for the track marker your AI train is slowing down while passing. Other than that, that's the only way I know.

Did you change the distance as I have suggested? If 0.005 meters is still slowing down AI trains, set the value to 0.001 meters for the track marker your AI train is slowing down while passing. Other than that, that's the only way I know.
There are no track marks at the station. The game just treats stations like one.

There are no track marks at the station. The game just treats stations like one.
You can place them for your session, make sure that you place the track markers correctly though. I would suggest looking at some routes such at the Cronulla line in grazlash's Illawarra South Coast route is just an example.

Back