( off topic ) Has anyone bought Train Fever ?

I have (and play it alongside Trainz). What would you like to know about it (apart from the fact that the version I have is on Steam but was purchased from a gaming store in box form)?

Shane

It's okay...

Track laying is annoying and the options are limited. The rest of the transportation options can get a bit wonky.

The old Transport Tycoon and the Deluxe version were the bees knees. This company needs to take another serious look at this and figure out how to make their road and track laying so much easier.

Their latest American content free DLC pack has Wild West buildings and different American steam locomotives up through diesels, but the signals are still Swiss/German style.

I bought it, installed it, and deleted it after not using it for some time.

It's okay...

Track laying is annoying and the options are limited. The rest of the transportation options can get a bit wonky.

The old Transport Tycoon and the Deluxe version were the bees knees. This company needs to take another serious look at this and figure out how to make their road and track laying so much easier.

Their latest American content free DLC pack has Wild West buildings and different American steam locomotives up through diesels, but the signals are still Swiss/German style.

I bought it, installed it, and deleted it after not using it for some time.

Just a thought here John - did you try any of the new mods that are being made since the USA pack got released? I haven't yet but it may improve things.

Shane

Just a thought here John - did you try any of the new mods that are being made since the USA pack got released? I haven't yet but it may improve things.

Shane

I haven't yet. I honestly tried the new American pack hoping to see something different, but the landscape is still European and more Swiss-like than anything we have over here. It's not like anything I can say is close. At least the UK and Germany are much closer to the USA geography than Switzerland is.

What I found too is the program gets really jittery with lots of stutter as time goes on, and we thought Trainz is bad. These guys need to take care of that too. I know I'm squawking here, but I feel it was definitely released too early (sound familiar?).

John

No harm to the programme but personally must admit that tycoon games don't appeal to me to be honest although it looks "nice."

As for the name I got train fever when I discovered Trainz and have never looked back. With a permanent health prob that can be a nuisance it is better than my local chemist shop medicine. Heavens years ago I actually delayed a meal with a charming lady I know because of Trainz but I never told her why the date was re-scheduled, phew. Mind you she thought I was a touch eccentric so would have put up with me even if had found out.

Back