O6 or o9

bmjank

I run T06 I bought 09 When i came out it had a lot of stuff wrong at the time so i did a uninstall . Now i have one of the fastest PC 16 g of ram, two very fast graphic cards running sli 2 gb of video ram. 06 Crashes on everything. I look at the content manger every thing is faulty, every thing i buy. Locos from jointedrail faulty the game sucks. I play a lot of games:eek: and they work ts06 Sucks. So is 09 better? Will it run? Help I love the idea of trains but.

When you installed 06, did you have all your anti virus turned off?
Did you install SP1 for it on a clean, never run install of 06, again with all Anti virus turned off?

Advanced error checking in either one means you will have to learn to fix errors no matter which you use. I never had any problems with Jointed Rail stuff not working (their freeware at least). Tells me something may be wrong with your install of 06. Have a dig through the 06 section to make sure you have done it right.

As far as 09, it has even higher error checking standards so more to learn. I don't use it much at all other than checking some things I've made or fixing content for older versions. All I can say is load it up and try it out.

You are going to need to learn how to edit config files or use PEV's excellent software to fix errors. Most are simple enough and you need to give more information on what problems you are having.

Dave.....

When you installed 06, did you have all your anti virus turned off?
Did you install SP1 for it on a clean, never run install of 06, again with all Anti virus turned off?

Advanced error checking in either one means you will have to learn to fix errors no matter which you use. I never had any problems with Jointed Rail stuff not working (their freeware at least). Tells me something may be wrong with your install of 06. Have a dig through the 06 section to make sure you have done it right.

As far as 09, it has even higher error checking standards so more to learn. I don't use it much at all other than checking some things I've made or fixing content for older versions. All I can say is load it up and try it out.

You are going to need to learn how to edit config files or use PEV's excellent software to fix errors. Most are simple enough and you need to give more information on what problems you are having.

Dave.....
Thanks Dave I will get a small List of the Stuff that crashes.

<a href=

This is killing Me lol

I love it when people buy the best PC out there, and expect TRS to run flawlessly. There are MANY things that can cause TRS to fail.
Try running the program in Admin mode.
Make sure you have ALL the dependencies for the locos in 2009.
Run the program in Comp. mode for Vista/XP-sp.3.

I love it when people buy the best PC out there, and expect TRS to run flawlessly. There are MANY things that can cause TRS to fail.
Try running the program in Admin mode.
Make sure you have ALL the dependencies for the locos in 2009.
Run the program in Comp. mode for Vista/XP-sp.3.

'Thanks", I didn't get this PC for Trianz But It should run.
I run TRS in Admin Mode

Here's a more complete procedure list to proper installation and the first few runs. YMMV, but it's a compilation of my experiences and others'. I figured I'd run this by some folks here to see if it would make for a good sticky. Comments and changes are welcome.

Before installation:
1. Login computer as administrator.
2. Ensure you have plenty of disk space not just for Trainz, but for any additional content (plan on having at least 60 gigs free.)
3. Physically disconnect from your network/internet. Disconnect your cable or turn of your wireless adapter to stay, temporarily.
4. Disable your Anti-virus.
5. Disable your firewall.
6. [optional] Consider doing a chkdsk /f to scan for and fix any bad sectors on your disk. If many bad sectors are found, replace disk as this is a sign of impending disk failure.
7. Do a disk defrag. (This should save time versus doing it post-installation.)
8. Install Trainz.
9. Once installed, start CM. Enter your login information even though you are disconnected from the internet. Then exit out to save your data and file associations.

Try running Trainz. If it runs normally and smoothly then skip the following step.
10. Enter CM again and do an Extended Database Repair.

11. Apply patches. Do an Extended Database Repair after each patch.
12. Re-enable your firewall, anti-virus, and, finally, reconnect your network connection.

@OP, as I understand it, Trainz is very iffy when it comes to SLi or Crossfire, which may explain your crashes. Try disabling this in your video driver when running Trainz before reinstalling using the above procedure.

Last edited:
Back