NYCTA! pics!

Why PJAMA, gosh he doesn't owe you anything sheesh be patient. I once rushed someone and I got %$@#^^@%$^ (that's not meant to be a curse word). So just let him be finished when he is. I doubt he is... Most trainzers tend to want to let others know when they finish making content they think is good :hehe:
Eric :)

Happy New Year folks.

Thanks for answering Eric--PJAMA doesn't seem like a bother, so let's not get too riled up at him!

To answer his question, those tunnels are not mine to release. While they are part of the NYCTA Super Pack, which is being released in small clusters by BStyles, ExpressLine3Train, and myself, the subway tunnel content you see in my (5) line belongs to EL3T, so he has the final say on when it's released. I haven't heard from him since before Christmas, but when I do, I will ask if he is alright with me releasing his content.

I haven't been working on the (4)(5)(6) lately--I've been doing some on-the-ground information/research gathering here in Phoenix for my METRO Light Rail route, which I've started with a few stutters in the past. I finally got some good assets playable in game, so that's been taking the bulk of my time lately. I find that when I rotate several projects (currently I have three going, the two aforementioned, and BART), I tend to be more creative and less prone to burn out. I was working on NYCTA for a full month straight, and I needed a change.

As always, stay tuned here for the latest updates!

-A :wave:

Happy New Year folks.

Thanks for answering Eric--PJAMA doesn't seem like a bother, so let's not get too riled up at him!

To answer his question, those tunnels are not mine to release. While they are part of the NYCTA Super Pack, which is being released in small clusters by BStyles, ExpressLine3Train, and myself, the subway tunnel content you see in my (5) line belongs to EL3T, so he has the final say on when it's released. I haven't heard from him since before Christmas, but when I do, I will ask if he is alright with me releasing his content.

I haven't been working on the (4)(5)(6) lately--I've been doing some on-the-ground information/research gathering here in Phoenix for my METRO Light Rail route, which I've started with a few stutters in the past. I finally got some good assets playable in game, so that's been taking the bulk of my time lately. I find that when I rotate several projects (currently I have three going, the two aforementioned, and BART), I tend to be more creative and less prone to burn out. I was working on NYCTA for a full month straight, and I needed a change.

As always, stay tuned here for the latest updates!

-A :wave:

Excellent! Thanks for letting us know.

"Just what I thought this couldn't get any stupider":hehe: :hehe:

If u like, I can help with u projects. I have starting to become an immoderate skill in Sketchup. I can recreate the tunnels that are quite identical to yours. and If u need help w/Bart projects, I have ALL of the sounds right here.

I sure hope that <3>Train releases his tunnels. They look great, and I could really use them for my route. And great job on everything else guys it all looks great.

The future of NYCTA Locomotive Building. First the R32/36/38.

t1-c1.jpg

int-c20000.jpg

How many polygons is those models? I think that is going to put pressure on the Trainz rendering engine.

How many polygons is those models? I think that is going to put pressure on the Trainz rendering engine.

Hah no way these are going into any current version of trainz. They will probably go in about 5 years from now, but by that time, there are going to be better ones.

Hi guys,

I accidentaly found this thread. Since I visited New York in 2011 I started to be a fan of NYC Subway. I tried to find some NYCTA trains, but cabs are very simply. I found some routes called Subway or NYCTA, but their seems to be very simple too. Do you know about good NYCTA routes for Trainz?

I hate to say it, but these are not my models. They are available for purchase in many file formats online. They are great cars though and I hope that they can be integrated into future trainz. Trainz 12 can not handle these many polygons. But still, they are available in many file formats, and I am sure an autodesk is one.

That's a great car u created @trainguy97, did u do by yourself? And can u release that car including Robbie68 & 143/160?

trainguy97 said:
I hate to say it, but these are not my models. They are available for purchase in many file formats online. They are great cars though and I hope that they can be integrated into future trainz. Trainz 12 can not handle these many polygons. But still, they are available in many file formats, and I am sure an autodesk is one.

Reread his post.

Lol. Just put the passengers there, no need for it to stick on the tracks, just add track-marks for the AI then simply open the doors. While none will be in the train it's better than having no passengers at all. :)

You can add passengers to the initial trains that you start with from surveyor. 55 per car.

Jaleel did it to his R143 because it was specifically designed to stop at splined stations.

Back