NYCTA! pics!

Open Doors

Thanks Malikrthr!

Why yes, doors can be opened at stations that do not have invisible stations as evidenced below:

OpenDoors.jpg

This is at Dyre Avenue.

Thanks to my buddy Angel for showing me this (and the subsequent rule)--I am still trying to solve the problem of no passengers at my stations (as they're splines)....but hey---(!)--now you can open doors at them, so it's a small victory for me, but a victory nonetheless!

Here's the rule, and once installed, you'll had to add it to the list of driver commands while editing your session rules. There's no wait time for it, as I found out the dangerous anti-MTA way when I had a communication issue with my C/R who opened the doors while in a tunnel. Suffice it to say, he's toast.
Passenger Door Control

Enjoy!

-A :wave:

For the last time....

When will I be able to get those tunnels?

Oy, people---y'all need to read through the thread before posting questions like the one above. :eek: For the last time: All Custom Content in the route will be released when the route is finished. There are no definite release dates and the more you ask, the more the delay will be for the releases. Those tunnels are not made by me, and are from another developer friend that I am working close with. The NYCTA custom content will be released on a periodic basis--we work really hard and constant asking (this is the fifth or sixth time this has been asked) makes us reluctant to publish our content.

So please, take some time to search through the thread next time. Didn't mean for it to sound rude, but it's a point that needs to be reiterated.

President of Development, DoBDC International

Sorry, I'm sick with the NYCTA bug!:hehe:
Also, I used to have those Elevated stations. I can't find them again! Could you point it out for me?

Last edited:
Lol, those elevated stations are not for release, nor have been released. They are similar to BStyles' small proto/beta set he released--just look him up on the DLS. I know you're not the only one bitten by the NYCTA bug--it's just that there have been many before you (and often super annoying) who have hounded for when content is going to be released, etc., so naturally it irks me.

I'm expecting to collaborate with B very soon again (he runs the development team I am currently President of) and we shall exchange projects and textures, so once I get that figured out, I will release some.

In the meantime,search through this thread for links to my custom station kit, subway stations and signals. Those should keep you busy building for awhile until the other portions are released.

Don't need to take the credit...simple search did it for me Lol

Thanks to my buddy Angel for showing me this (and the subsequent rule)--I am still trying to solve the problem of no passengers at my stations (as they're splines)....but hey---(!)--now you can open doors at them, so it's a small victory for me, but a victory nonetheless!

Lol. Just put the passengers there, no need for it to stick on the tracks, just add track-marks for the AI then simply open the doors. While none will be in the train it's better than having no passengers at all. :)

Lol, those elevated stations are not for release, nor have been released. They are similar to BStyles' small proto/beta set he released--just look him up on the DLS. I know you're not the only one bitten by the NYCTA bug--it's just that there have been many before you (and often super annoying) who have hounded for when content is going to be released, etc., so naturally it irks me.

I'm expecting to collaborate with B very soon again (he runs the development team I am currently President of) and we shall exchange projects and textures, so once I get that figured out, I will release some.

In the meantime,search through this thread for links to my custom station kit, subway stations and signals. Those should keep you busy building for awhile until the other portions are released.

well, i'm planning to work on the line 2 line running from flatbush av. to Times Sq/42nd ST. based as the BVE version of it. but the only thing i'm missing is the tunnels. I'm NOT asking for these tunnels on the image (like I asked earlier). are there any tunnels (hopefully available for download), that are CLOSE to these ones?

Last edited:
well, i'm planning to work on the line 2 line running from flatbush av. to Times Sq/42nd ST. based as the BVE version of it. but the only thing i'm missing is the tunnels. I'm NOT asking for these tunnels on the image (like I asked earlier). are there any tunnels (hopefully available for download), that are CLOSE to these ones?

Not really, color-wise. But if you look above you'll see that acelejalde already answered this question (which i asked) with the U-bahn tunnels, which do fit perfectly with the stations i might add ;)
Eric :)

Not really, color-wise. But if you look above you'll see that acelejalde already answered this question (which i asked) with the U-bahn tunnels, which do fit perfectly with the stations i might add ;)
Eric :)

yeah, i thought of that too. I've would've been a 'meatball-head' if that would've been close of that. :hehe: :hehe: well anyhow, i'll have to start it tomarrow, I'm working on a object for trainz using sketchup and RubyTMIX plugin.

Last edited:
I'm back

Nice work green egg's love the way the yards look like!!!!

Special Note

For those that have been wondering i will release the freelanced version of Nereid yard i showed a few post back. i just have to add the 3rd rail and make sure all the curves are not to sharp or wide. Also since it is a freelanced version you can use it for any type of division A division 50 foot cars (1)(2)(3)(4)(5)(6)(7)

B Division 60/75 Foot Cars (A)(B)(C)(D)(E)(F)(G)(J)(L)(M)(N)(Q))(R)(S)(V)(W)(Z)

i will upload the yards to a file hosting site within the coming days

Holidays and finals, friend. That's probably why there haven't been any updates.

Speaking for me only, I've been doing other things away from Trainz which is why I haven't updated much. I'm working from a newly cleaned computer (C: drive completely wiped), so I haven't imported all of my stuff yet.

For (5) progress, here's a tiny update: I've completed the Lex line down to 86 St, and will post pictures in a few days time. Right now, I have to deep clean the laptop (should take a day or so), so no "on-the-go" updates, only home ones. Atm, I'm currently installing TS09.

Oh, and I might give the R142 a shot--I know Alexander55 did this awhile back, but his are so high poly that they kill the FPS. I'm thinking of doing a low-poly version that still kicks butt visually!

Happy Holidays!

Holidays and finals, friend. That's probably why there haven't been any updates.

Speaking for me only, I've been doing other things away from Trainz which is why I haven't updated much. I'm working from a newly cleaned computer (C: drive completely wiped), so I haven't imported all of my stuff yet.

For (5) progress, here's a tiny update: I've completed the Lex line down to 86 St, and will post pictures in a few days time. Right now, I have to deep clean the laptop (should take a day or so), so no "on-the-go" updates, only home ones. Atm, I'm currently installing TS09.

Oh, and I might give the R142 a shot--I know Alexander55 did this awhile back, but his are so high poly that they kill the FPS. I'm thinking of doing a low-poly version that still kicks butt visually!

Happy Holidays!

HI mate Alexander55 train nearly killed my old pc as it was too powerful hope to see your version some time happy Holidays to you

Well, I've tried it too, and it had no effect on my pc (I might get a new one on Christmas to run TS12). Came out even on my pc, AMD Sempron 1.80 Ghz, nVidia GeForce 8400GS

Last edited:

Happy Holidays!

YAAAAY im excited for the new releases :udrool: :hehe:
Happy Holidays Everyone :)

@Mikey186: you're only one person in a large community who has expressed the inability to run his trains. His poly count is significantly high, so I am hoping to rectify that situation.

@Mikey186: you're only one person in a large community who has expressed the inability to run his trains. His poly count is significantly high, so I am hoping to rectify that situation.

Yep, even when I've done the Medium-Level Platform (made on sketchup), it had over 80,000 polys!! And STILL came out even on my pc. So, acelajade (sorry if I'd typed u name wrong), if you need help with u content that has over the polys that u think it's gonna freeze u pc, I'm the one to help.

Ace Do You Mind If you can make the following Subway Signs For The R46?

1. Nycta,Transit Museam
2. Special Via Court St
3. A Dimmed Subway Sign Not Displaying anything
4.H Court St Transit Museam,Via (G) Exp

Thanks Ace

hey fooly
you havent register you trainz version then how can you make post in this section as when i hadnt register my trainz i was not able to make any post in this section

Back