NYCTA! pics!

No I'm sure he's still WIPing this. Acelejalde is just focusing on his other project (BART) and also waiting for BStyles permission/finished models. He probably hasn't had much time to work on this recently...
Eric :)

The NYC Subway route is not abandoned, Eric was correct: it is still a work in progress. To answer the original query, the tunnels will be free but the ones in the pictures will be replaced relatively soon. Right now, EL3T has been non-responsive on the issue of his tunnels being released. To phrase this as kindly as possible, he isn't flat out refusing, but he is avoiding a definite answer. After meeting with BStyles and having a long conference on the future of NYCTA models, we have decided to re-format the tunnels and release a new set that doesn't have quite as many pieces (EL3T's had 50). I know it is discouraging to hear another small setback, but B and I are quick builders and we want to get everybody quality content with a minimum of fuss. Suffice it to say, B and I are working as a duo from here on out on anything related to NYCTA and trainz. Because of the "universality" of NYCTA, I have devoted equal time to current and future projects as well as the BART system layout. Newer textures (yes, it is possible) and a different approach to building will see this content be far superior than anything we've previously designed. Our content will not only be visually appealing but it will be poly-friendly as well. No use in having a kick-ass route if you cannot get above 5fps.

Again, our apologies for the delay. We will keep you periodically updated--despite his absence from posting on the forum lately, I can assure everyone that BStyles is doing well, and has dived back into the content game. Together, we will work very hard to give everyone the ultimate NYCTA experience.

My Lex route will continue production as of this week; for those who want some really good tunnels to use (I'm using these in the meantime), follow the link. I believe they are fine substitutes for EL3T's current work.

http://narod.ru/disk/31420405001/TUNNELS_V3.zip.html

-A :wave:

Recently started to make a map, plan of the overground and underground in New York. But for the underground part of the tunnel is not normal.
2549665.jpg

2509729.jpg

Recently started to make a map, plan of the overground and underground in New York. But for the underground part of the tunnel is not normal.
2549665.jpg

2509729.jpg

That is very stunning! *brohoof*

@acelejalde Thanks for the link, has many beautiful tunnels, despite it being in russian and having a large filesize.

EDIT: Never mind, I used Google Translate instead of Yahoo's Babel Fish, and it works. However their site isn't working right now. Maybe someone can upload it to another site anyways.

Last edited:
Sorry they're by alterr. He speaks english though maybe if you PM him he'll help you translate...? did u try using google translate with russian?
Eric :)
Edit: Go to Metrorus.ru. Click "Downloads" at the top. Scroll down to Тоннели – Версия 3b, and click on it. Then click download.

Last edited:
Eric: You always beat me to it! :p

Rick: Since it's not our content, we are unable to host it on a different site without the original creator's permission. That has been the trouble with the Subway tunnels by EL3T, which are pretty much useless for my route now since the permission has ostensibly been 'no'. Luckily, BStyles and I are in the process of creating new tunnels.

Godgi: Good work so far. But you mentioned that the underground portions don't look right. Any photos of this? There are two options. You can either download alterr's Russian tunnels which are superb, or download mcq's German U-Bahn tunnels, which do the job nicely as well! Because of the flexibility with the German tunnels, I would prefer those, however, if you can get a handle of all of the Russian stuff, they look visually stunning!

Hope that helps. Good to see you back Rick!

Eric: You always beat me to it! :p

Rick: Since it's not our content, we are unable to host it on a different site without the original creator's permission. That has been the trouble with the Subway tunnels by EL3T, which are pretty much useless for my route now since the permission has ostensibly been 'no'. Luckily, BStyles and I are in the process of creating new tunnels.

Godgi: Good work so far. But you mentioned that the underground portions don't look right. Any photos of this? There are two options. You can either download alterr's Russian tunnels which are superb, or download mcq's German U-Bahn tunnels, which do the job nicely as well! Because of the flexibility with the German tunnels, I would prefer those, however, if you can get a handle of all of the Russian stuff, they look visually stunning!

Hope that helps. Good to see you back Rick!

Yes, there are in me Russian tunnels and German U -Bahn, but the proper atmosphere they will not create. I will wait your very tunnels, I will make a thus far overground part. :)

Nice to see the train I ride every day. Your Google Sketchup skills are by far, the best I have seen. It's amazing how you textured the wheels and the traction motors, even the third rail shoe. Keep up the good work. None does NYCTA better than BStyles. You definitely have a keen eye when it comes to detail.

Excellent stuff, B!!! Such an honor to be working as part of your development team!

Last edited:
I thank you so much Acelejalde also, for making all of this possible. You both should be very proud of yourselves. This is really a true piece of art.

Back