NYCTA! pics!

Dumb question, but I am putting together a smallish subway route, using some BDC project's content, and while it works spectacularly most of the time, I can't seem to figure out how to close those pesky gaps between tunnel walls when changing tunnel types.
Help?
Thanks!!

Edit: Some pics:

Last edited:

The beginnings of something, I hope.

Question: Do any of you know where I can get 523903:445? It's by acelejalde, but I can't seem to find it on the BDC website or the DLS. Thanks a million!

Edit: Do you guys have any tunnel portal suggestions? thanks!

Last edited:
Been working on the el section. All tunnel work on the main line is done.

In other news, I've discovered some of my station spline assets have become partially transparent. Ideas?

We even included the Second Ave. Subway from Lex-63rd to 96 St.

30802362694_6588a634dc_b.jpg

31528168441_1016305a26_b.jpg

30802362604_126c786d11_b.jpg

31528168171_23df9df1af_b.jpg

31643941085_16bfbfd322_b.jpg

31528168001_228d39dd1f_b.jpg

31643941215_44cd5bfb1e_b.jpg

It's been years since I last posted and this thread and our content are still going strong. Could definitely use some touching up. New content on the way, so keep your eyes open!

It has been a long time since I posted here

As always, suggestions/criticisms/requests/questions are welcome. This is (as you can clearly see) a WIP

Excellent work! I was going to ask the obligatory "Are you using the new signals?", but I see you are! I like the idea of the express tracks being on the outside of the station in picture 3. Keep it up!

-A :wave:

Excellent work! I was going to ask the obligatory "Are you using the new signals?", but I see you are! I like the idea of the express tracks being on the outside of the station in picture 3. Keep it up!

-A :wave:

Thanks!

Means a lot coming from someone with your experience.

I wish I could say the exterior express tracks were creativity speaking -- alas it was just laziness. I designed that trunk to be three tracks, but then I realized how difficult programming peak-direction express into AI would be, so I opted for 4 track conversion. I deleted the middle track, and placed local platforms in its old footprint, routing the new express tracks around the outside. This went well except for my rebuild of 2 interlockings, both of which presented daunting challenges given their elevated (or, in the case of one, retaining-walled nature). For those, I either crudely meshed my old and new designs, or simply flew the express tracks over the mess.

Crudely merged (it used to be similar to the config. seen below)

Flown over

The signals are great, BTW. They work perfectly.
Thanks a zillion!!

PS is there a way to automatically assign chaining #s?

Last edited:
Back