No horn for PRR SD9 (late)

mcpete

No horn for PRR GP9 (late)

I purchased JR's PRR GP9 (late) on Saturday. However, there is no horn sound, even though there is a Wabco horn file included. Engine sounds are fine. I am using the Steam version of Tane, version 82828. I'm also missing two dependencies: KUID:96914:50940 and KUID:96914:55947. Any help would be much appreciated.

Mike

Corrected 9/4/2016

Last edited:
I purchased JR's PRR SD9 (late) on Saturday. However, there is no horn sound, even though there is a Wabco horn file included. Engine sounds are fine. I am using the Steam version of Tane, version 82828. I'm also missing two dependencies: KUID:96914:50940 and KUID:96914:55947. Any help would be much appreciated.

Mike

It was a GP9.

Some T:ANE versions do not play the horn when they should. I do not know the details of this bug but it is with the software.

The Kuids you have indicated are not relevant to this asset.

I have the same issue with the GP9's and the SD9 Conrail package . I was told it's a conflict with that sound scripting and TANE. I switched out a new horn and bell for the SD's but kinda like to see if JR comes up with a fix . I'd like to know how many don't have this issue . Other have said they have bell and horn ?

There still a great pice of content to have ..
My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Matt

Thanks for the info, Matt. I'll see if I can swap out the sound files, for now at least.
Your route is looking better and better. I've been following your progress through the screen shots, and it's looking good.

Mike

Thanks you for your comments ....mcpete Always glad to see another PRR fan .:hehe:

This is just to make clear . What I've been told is this an issue of TANE making . I have build 82718 , and had this in the two previous builds . And JR didn't believe there product has a problem . Other have reported this , and had success repairing by re downloading . I haven't . My question , or what I'd be interested to know ? Is those who have the same content without this issue. What is build isn't experiencing this , other then 2012 . It's just little annoyance , but one I'd like to resolve ..

Matt

I have encountered the problem with T:ANE and some of the GP/SD9 locomotives, but then again the same locomotive on a different day will work just fine. It may have to do with the scripted engine sounds and density of the audio items in the scene that cause the horn to go away but I can only speculate as to why. The horn is there, it is included with the product, so there is little else we can do to fix the situation.

The engine sound on all my JR content work fine , including the SD9 package . My only problem would be the the horn and bell as stated by the original poster ( mcpete ) I have had sound issue with others content , as you've described . But a restart always solves the the issue . Or replacing or changing Kuid's

Here's the thing, this isn't the first time this has come up . It has been a long while since I had asked if there was any fix . From ether side . JR not there problem, NV3, Nothing ... I'm happy with the content , but it's is payware . JR site still hasn't even given costumers any Waring's that I'm aware of . And other have told me and posted no issue .

I'll ask the dumb question . is this an issue with all the GP9's at JR ( answer no ) WHY is that???

So I thank you for your input here ( norfolksouthern37 ) but I find your answer of (
The horn is there, it is included with the product, so there is little else we can do to fix the situation.

Just a little disingenuous . I not trying to start a fight . But my experience with fixing there content always seem to make other problems .....so if I can avoid doing so , I do

From your post, I'm taking it you have bell and horn ? Or have it on occasion ? Mine have never worked , and I made inquiry about this when I first purchased them privately ..

So I'm guessing my GP9 are a new stealth engine , only to been seen :hehe:

Matt

So I thank you for your input here ( norfolksouthern37 ) but I find your answer... Just a little disingenuous .

How so? We can not control the software, only make content for it. Since the content works when tested in other versions and there is no evidence of anything missing we can only conclude the problem lies in T:ANE's sound management.

From your post, I'm taking it you have bell and horn ? Or have it on occasion ? Mine have never worked , and I made inquiry about this when I first purchased them privately

That is correct. I have on occasion had one or more of the GP/SD9s lose their horn, but they return either later on in the session or on next session start. Again, this seems to be a quirk in the software, not something we can control. We have provided the items in working order.

norfolfsouthern :eek:

Sorry for sounding short, bad day . But your statement on the intermittent sound got me wondering if in fact I was missing something here . Seems I was . Foot needs salt :confused:

This has been stated before, make sure all of the sound files are committed on the engine ( ALL OF THEM ) . Make sure there updated and commit . This has fixed my sound with the horn and bell . :eek::D

I had thought I'd done this , but in checking ... no I hadn't . It has fixed my issue . mcpete.. I hope this helps , enjoying my GP9's even more .

Matt

Last edited:
Your tip did it, Matt. I found a lot dependencies marked open for edit. After I submitted them, all is working well. Thanks for the help. And to JR, the GP9 is a great piece of work. This was the engine most in use when I was growing up just a block from the PRR Main Line. Thanks again.

Mike

Back