GETTING PAINTSHED ITEMS WORKING IN TRS 12

bushymo

I take a look in the CMP and notice that there are quite a number of PS items that have been included in TRS 12, and work quite well in your surveyor,... I therefore need to ask what is done with the original PS items from way back to make them work in TRS 12?....

Is it because the creators are now putting the 2: in front of the creator's membership No. ie 2:xxxxx:10345:, or is it done by adding a 2 after the created asset kuid? ie xxxxx:10345:2,... or both....

I am a bit puzzled as to why I can get the SAR OB tarped gondola working without any warnings or errors, and yet the OB untarped gondola (the open one) oooooops!... comes up a dirty big fat red mark in CMP....:confused:

I used to be able to add a BR 25/26/27 engine sound to an AN 830 back in TRS 06, probably could in 09, TRS 10 I cannot exactly recall, but if do the same thing to the current version of the AN 830 (the new version that is seen in both TRS 10 and 12....No! No! No!...Can't do that!... It chucks a dirty one at me and puts up some feirce resistance, and I get a rotten tomato thrown at me (a dirty big Red Mark in the CMP... The same thing happens when I go to change the horn sound from the lousy 'default' one, in the old ARG GM, to the airhorn in the hornsound list in CMP, and the same thing happens to the SAR bluebird railcar....Why is this happening?

Those of you who have leveled criticism at me for liking the old TRS 2006, and not wanting to move into the TRS 12... I just need to clarify myself here, it is not that I don't like the new TRS 12... fact I would not go back to that old era again, Yes... I have to agree that TRS 12 IS the finest version so far of TRS... but the thing that has been really annoying me for one, is that when you go to use your old tried and trusted and favourite assets from older versions of TRS, and they either cock up the forbidden RED mark, indicating that they are no good, regardless of whether you give them your own desired engine and horn sounds, to make them sound like they have dirty exhausts, noisy engines, sound clapped out, etc...they buck on you and it is then that you look back to earlier versions of TRS when you could make them look like they have seen better days, ie... make them look filthy dirty and weathered, or noisy and clapped out....

That was why I was sounding like I didn't like TRS 12...

TRS 12 DOES have....a lot more ground textures and some very good new ones too...

As I go downloading the various items that I used to have in older versions of TRS... even though the DLS has been reorganized, I am still coming across a hell of a lot of bad assets or assets that have turned bad since TRS 10... Assets that worked quite well, and at worst only had a 'warning' in TRS 10, and which worked quite well up to TRS 09, are now no good, useless, and that comes out when you go to import the CDP's of these into TRS 12...

For instance... The SAR ,500,502 & 504, the Southern Mountain Class The SAR 900 class diesel, (as well as the other mountain classes like the GN, The Frisco, etc, are no longer any good, or have obsolete dependencies that cause them to be unusable in TRS 12...

I regret to have to report that a lot of my old favourites simply don't work in TRS 12, some of which did right up till TRS 10

The Mountains, were working in TRS 10
I did have the SAR 520 working in TRS 12, but even when I imported it from TRS 10, it did not work until I went searching for the right and up to date dependencies for it....

No! I would not go back to TRS 06, 09, or anything... I would just like to be able to have all of my old faves from those versions of TRS work nicely with TRS, engine and horn sound changes desired and not get any dreaded red marks in CMP... them 'Error' or 'Faulty Dependency' marks....:confused: (despaired confusion)

Last edited:
Ok thats a lot of stuff to work on here - the first thing to remember is that TS12 works better as it has no tolerance for any assest error. Many of the older assets had errors in them and trainz often dealt with them the best it could at the cost of performance but with TS12 that no longer the case.

When you change a item like a horn sound to a diffrent one and the you get the big red question mark its means that item you have changed to is faulty. Now trainz will, if you ask it to show errors will even tell you wants wrong. Most errors are in fact very easy to fix. PEV tools freely avaiable can help to fix most of the common errors.

Also alot of the content is being fixed thats why it always good to down load all the contrnt update.

This is only a quick reply I am sure an expert will be alone soon to give you a more detailed answer to all your problems.

Ah Thanks Bearcat... these are just some of the things I have been coming across and I felt I should put them in so that they can all be dealt with in good time.... A problem is never fixed if one never posts... I will leave it now with those in the position to help:)

I take a look in the CMP and notice that there are quite a number of PS items that have been included in TRS 12, and work quite well in your surveyor,... I therefore need to ask what is done with the original PS items from way back to make them work in TRS 12?....

Is it because the creators are now putting the 2: in front of the creator's membership No. ie 2:xxxxx:10345:, or is it done by adding a 2 after the created asset kuid? ie xxxxx:10345:2,... or both....
Most PS items are dated and are not the quality of later versions so why mess with them? If you want to fix any of them then check them for errors using your CM. Incidently, CMP was the CM made for TRS2006. Your CM I believe is CM3.6.

I am a bit puzzled as to why I can get the SAR OB tarped gondola working without any warnings or errors, and yet the OB untarped gondola (the open one) oooooops!... comes up a dirty big fat red mark in CMP....
They don't show any errors in TS2010. If yours do, check them with CM3.6 for errors or missing dependencies.

As said in many previous posts, the later version of Trainz do more stringent error checking hence older items will often have faults. Fortunately, most are easily fixed.

Bob Weber

Back