Newbie is Frustrated with LARS and ProtoLARS

FloridaGuy

Hi All:

I am running TS09 and trying to use the tutorial by Phil Skene to get familiar with LARS. I have downloaded and installed ProtoLARS Industrail 2:69871:10002:3 and LARS Industrail 2:69871:10001:3. Also LARS Aggregates and LARS2 Steel--Hot Metal.

All except LARS2 Steel show either warnings or faulty dependencies in CMP.

When I call up Industry / LARS in Surveyor Object mode both LARS and ProtoLARS Industrail show up in the window but they are red and nothing happens when I select them and try to add them to the session. Similarly with LARS and ProtoLARS Aggregates.

LARS2 Steel --Hot Metal is grey and produces a LARS track when I select it and click on the map.

I imagine some things are missing from the material I downloaded but I have searched and can't find anything else to supplement it or replace it.

I'll really appreciate some help in breaking the code!

Thanks in advance

Have you tried looking in the content manager and right clicking on the asset and checking it's dependant assets to see if there are any missing? If you need detailed instructions on how to do this just let me know.

I would like to be using the LARS assets for intermodal once my route is complete enough to handle the traffic, and there are industry to deliver to, but it seems like a complex system.
I'm going to be following the thread here, and checking out the tutorial.
I have some of the LARS assets already, and as I recall, there were errors or warnings for some, but I was able to fix. I'll have to see what I get when I DL the bulk of them.

Good luck

FW

Have you tried looking in the content manager and right clicking on the asset and checking it's dependant assets to see if there are any missing? If you need detailed instructions on how to do this just let me know.

I've done that and found that 3 assets are either broken or missing, but it says they're not on the Download Station. The assets are:
HarborMaster 1a - 2:69871:100337:1
Industrail 1a - 69871:14309
Industrail 2a - 2:69871:100298:1

Since they're not on the DS I don't know what to do next.

They are on the DLS. Use the website DLS and make sure the TRS2004 box is checked.

Thanks, that worked. I'm not very good yet at using the DLS. Maybe I could have found them. They are still marked with warnings and missing dependencies, but I'll try them now and see.

Warren

Hi Warren --

You certainly do not need those routes to make the LARS/ProtoLARS interactive industries workable.

Fire up Content Manager. Scroll down the main pane until you find the LARS or ProtoLARS industry. If it has a "?" against it then it is missing dependencies.

If it does have the "?", drag and drop it into the "Download Helper" pane, upper left. Click on "Start" and CM will download all the missing dependencies.

I can assure you that all the dependencies for my assets are on the DLS and that both the LARS and ProtoLARS work in TS2009.

You can verify this by downloading, say, my DowntownTractionCo route and its sessions, eg, DTC 1a SideTippers or DTC 1a BeernSkittles. They make extensive use of LARS, ProtoLARS and Multiple Industry New industries.

Phil

Also Having Problems

When I set the amount for a industry to consume or produce in surveyor, I am using 2010, and shut down my computer, the next time I open the route in surveyor all industries are at their defaults.
Also in Multi Industry New, the Ques are empty. Help please.

Johnny

Thanks, that worked. I'm not very good yet at using the DLS. Maybe I could have found them. They are still marked with warnings and missing dependencies, but I'll try them now and see.

Warren
In Content Manager there are 2 selections that can be confusing:
View Dependencies - lists kuids required by this kuid.
View dependent assets - shows who/what uses this kuid.

You obviously used View dependenct assets for LARS kuid2:69871:10001:3 which would show routes that use it. You should check View Dependencies to see whats is missing.

Bob

When I set the amount for a industry to consume or produce in surveyor, I am using 2010, and shut down my computer, the next time I open the route in surveyor all industries are at their defaults.
Also in Multi Industry New, the Ques are empty. Help please.

Johnny

When you shut down it should ask you if you want to save. If you said yes then the information will be stored in the session not the route map. The route map will always be at the default setting. When you open next time open from the session
(right hand list).

When you shut down it should ask you if you want to save. If you said yes then the information will be stored in the session not the route map. The route map will always be at the default setting. When you open next time open from the session
(right hand list).

Thanks, I got t.

Johnny

Hi Warren --

You certainly do not need those routes to make the LARS/ProtoLARS interactive industries workable.

Fire up Content Manager. Scroll down the main pane until you find the LARS or ProtoLARS industry. If it has a "?" against it then it is missing dependencies.

If it does have the "?", drag and drop it into the "Download Helper" pane, upper left. Click on "Start" and CM will download all the missing dependencies.

I can assure you that all the dependencies for my assets are on the DLS and that both the LARS and ProtoLARS work in TS2009.

You can verify this by downloading, say, my DowntownTractionCo route and its sessions, eg, DTC 1a SideTippers or DTC 1a BeernSkittles. They make extensive use of LARS, ProtoLARS and Multiple Industry New industries.

Phil

Hi Phil

Sorry for the late response - busy weekend!

I have downloaded DTC and sessions Side Tippers, Beern Skittles and April Fuel. I'm in the process of downloading from Rapidshare the various assets that you call out for each of them. All are available except for the traction loco for which Rapidshare says "file not found". I'm searching for ...266431725/DTC_Temll_V41_Locos_Euro_Electric_Modified.zip. Is this the right file description? If so, is there anyplace else to get the loco?

The route is impressive and the sessions look interesting but I'm waiting to get everything in place before I try them.

BTW, is there anyplace where I can print out the session descriptions and driver instructions? I can read them on the session opening screen but can't print from there.

Thanks,

Warren

Hi Johnny,
The product list for Multiple Industry New only appears in compatibility mode. Changes made there will still work in native mode. Don't forget [as I did] that you need to exit the game to change modes.
Hope that helps
Frank

Hi Warren --

Mouse click (do not copy and paste) on this link:

http://rapidshare.com/files/266431725/DTC_TemII_V41_Locos_Euro_Electric_Modified.zip

I've checked and it is active.

" ... is there anyplace where I can print out the session descriptions and driver instructions?"

Go into Content Manager.

In the Search pane (middle left) set the search filters as:
Location = Local
Built-in = False
Category = Session.

In the list in the main pane right mouse click on the session and select "View Config File" (at the bottom).

You can copy and paste the text under "description" into Notepad or Word and print it out.

Make sure you do have all the dependencies for the sessions, including the products/commodities.

Tell me how you go.

Phil

Hi Warren --

Mouse click (do not copy and paste) on this link:

http://rapidshare.com/files/266431725/DTC_TemII_V41_Locos_Euro_Electric_Modified.zip

I've checked and it is active.

" ... is there anyplace where I can print out the session descriptions and driver instructions?"

Go into Content Manager.

In the Search pane (middle left) set the search filters as:
Location = Local
Built-in = False
Category = Session.

In the list in the main pane right mouse click on the session and select "View Config File" (at the bottom).

You can copy and paste the text under "description" into Notepad or Word and print it out.

Make sure you do have all the dependencies for the sessions, including the products/commodities.

Tell me how you go.

Phil

Hi Phil

I've run the Side Tippers with no problems and I'm most of the way through BeernSkittles. The detail in this route is incredible! I'm really enjoying the scenery. The only glitch with Skittles so far is that there were no crates of beer bottles on the loading dock at Royaleflush (I3). I must be missing an asset. The boxcars loaded the missing beer crates anyway!

Many thanks for your help and congrats on a great route.

Warren

Hi Warren --

From the text under the thumbnail on the Download Station:
_____
Make sure the following products are also installed from the Download Station
Beer, pallet, kuid 30671:92203001
wheel load, kuid 63971:80013
Sugar, kuid 30671:9170199
drum_load, kuid 63971:80010
_____

Phil

Back