New version

GeorgeCW

I had 2012 installed and added the upgrades. It was a disaster. I really like trainz and I liked 2012. Can anybody estimate when we might get a version that actually works without having to have a degree in software engineering? Maybe someone from N3V can give us an idea when the next version will be out. Reverted back to 2010 and had to uninstall 2012 it was so messed up.

get a version that actually works without having to have a degree in software engineering
You mean "without fixing content"?

Maybe someone from N3V can give us an idea when the next version will be out
And it would have NO content. Pure game engine with surveyor, but without trains, tracks, buildings and ground textures :hehe::p

Like early builds of 2009 were.

PS This is a joke, but, with introducing of new game engine (if it will be ever), the amunt of content to fix grow in several times.

Last edited:
I had 2012 installed and added the upgrades. It was a disaster. I really like trainz and I liked 2012. Can anybody estimate when we might get a version that actually works without having to have a degree in software engineering? Maybe someone from N3V can give us an idea when the next version will be out. Reverted back to 2010 and had to uninstall 2012 it was so messed up.

Maybe if you described what exactly happened when you I did the upgrades, people can offer assistance. It may not be a s bad as you think, a lot of the issues have fairly simple fixes. SP1 introduced new content creation standards that are more stringent. People have had varying degrees of success with SP and it's 2 fixes. I've had little trouble while some can't seem to get it to work at all. Also, you may want to check out some of the SP1 threads in the TS12 subforum, notably the bug forum.

I agree with Boc and Tram here.

I had some mixed results requiring an EDR to get some things right after the install. I went to bed and let it run overnight so I wouldn't mess with the machine. I've been around long enough to know better than to touch the PC while Content Manager is busy!

Now for repairs, most of them were really, really, easy with things such as missing thumbnail images and some incorrect tags in the Config.txt files. The repair process took me about 3 days with my 10-year's worth of content to go through. In some ways you are a bit luckier doing this process now since many of the creators and others are updating their content to the current standards.

So if you could be so kind as to tell us what kind of problems, I'm sure one of us, or most of us, can help you get things sorted out.

John

Back