New Users - Guide on using the technical aspects of Trainz 2009,2010 and 12

First THANKS

Next, the vendor should have done this a long time ago. Given some of the odd programming the operation of their product is, at times, very frustrating. If it was not for existing guides and tutorials, in the past, they might be out of business. Perhaps the vendor will be embarassed and will, at the VERY LEAST, give you a Lifetime First Class Ticket and honorable mention in their propaganda.:Y:

I second that ! ....and look after all the other cool guys who make this enjoyable game work too .
A person would never be able to mention names for fear of missing one of them :wave:

Thankyou for the comments given - I cannot see much chance of me getting anything out of it, but to be honest, the reason I do it is because I want to help other users avoid some of the pitfalls, as well as making things simpler.

I've also lost track of the various tutorials by other users as well.

Shane

Hey Shane,

Do you know what happens if I use your instructions that say for 09-10 in CM 3.6 for T12 ?

In reference to the Black/texture issue.......

Dave

Last edited:
Hi Shane and everybody.
I am not sure if this question has bearing on - or will be useful to - the tutorials , but the answer will be useful to me.
When dl from third parties, I know that the files go to a tempory file and then one can save them in say 'downloads' and then open them. What path do these files follow after that and what role does cm play then.

thanks beforehand

Jan

Hi Jan,

When you download from a third-party site, it usually comes as a .cdp file. This can then be imported into Content Manager - see my Content Manager guide for details on importing. If though, it comes as a .zip file, this will need to be extracted first.

Shane

It's OK - I'm always welcoming comments/suggestions for the guide(s) I have, to make it as good as I can. I'm fairly limited on the screenshot side though, due to problems with my Trainz installation.

Shane

Geez !??? it is 'nice' - no pun intended '- to know you fundi's ( a zulu word for tutors or trainers or experts ) have also got your own problems ! :wave:
It would be so cool to have all the relevant problems sorted in categories under one general heading with subheadings or something to that effect - instead of scattered all over.
It has been mentioned by other guys too. I am sure we all realise it is a vast area to cover and it is a BIG job and the tutorials are working towards this goal.
The forum will always still be alive with new threads because it covers such a vast area with all sorts of expertise required to keep things up and running and it is cool we have such people.
It would be good for the game to have a pool fund - funded by funds from all the fans - to be used to promote and develop the game. Control of such a fund is another story though. Wonder if it would be legal ?

You raise some interesting points there.

Luckily, the problems I'm having are currently being solved after a reinstall/repatching of the game. Once the content has reimported, I can get back into it.

At some time in the future, I will look into the categorisation side.

Shane

P.S. Apologies for the late response.

From what Ive gathered, the problem has been fixed in TS12.

Shane

As I thought, until I upgraded my graphics drivers a while back and the problem returned, I just leave it disabled now, any difference in speed of committing items on my setup is not noticeable, it's instant anyway, so no idea if the current drivers have this problem. I suspect maybe a complete clear out of Graphics drivers and re-install may be the answer.

Back